Just saw one

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I just saw one in the wild!!! It was a black Rubicon and it looked great!! I wasn't able to get a photo and thankfully I just dropped off my boat because flying down the road at 60mph trailering a boat with a Jeep is probably not the best idea. I saw it down here in Ft. Myers, FL and it looked like it was coming from Sanibel Island. I'm not sure what it is about this area, but I also saw a C8 Vette a few months back. The Gladiator had a three piece hardtop with the front section removed if anyone was interested.
Sponsored

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Oooh!!! I’m heading there now via Chicago. I will hunt this down if he is in the area!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
From the height of the front fenders it sure looks like a Rubicon, looks like it has rock rails. But I don’t see “Rubicon” on the hood.

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
Found it! Stand by for some closeups hopefully an inside look too!!
6C889789-004C-444B-8855-FD517636A675.jpeg
BE705510-E26E-40FB-B9F5-6AA584AE10B6.jpeg
500E4923-D869-4245-8565-A1705849DC95.jpeg
It's funny how next to a truck it looks like a jeep. But next to a Jeep, it looks like a truck lol.

That picture definitely puts it into perspective. It is bigger than the Discovery, but smaller than the full size truck.

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
It's funny how next to a truck it looks like a jeep. But next to a Jeep, it looks like a truck lol.

That picture definitely puts it into perspective. It is bigger than the Discovery, but smaller than the full size truck.
Looks tiny next to the truck.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Well you don’t compare apples with apples here. The Ford is a full size truck while the Gladiator is a midsize truck. Kinda like comparing an MG Migit with a modern day Corvette. Big difference in size. The Migit was a fun car to drive though. One of my sisters used to have one.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Ugh! By the time we got turned around in the insane traffic of Fort Myers Beach, it was gone! The quest continues for the remainder of the week! Stay tuned and I’ll stay in task. Oh and my family thinks I’m nuts.....

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Oooh!!! I’m heading there now via Chicago. I will hunt this down if he is in the area!
That's crazy you were able to find the one he saw earlier. :clap:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Ugh! By the time we got turned around in the insane traffic of Fort Myers Beach, it was gone! The quest continues for the remainder of the week! Stay tuned and I’ll stay in task. Oh and my family thinks I’m nuts.....
Dude you are beautiful. Yesterday in Chicago you said you were going to find one in Florida. I'm over here out west SMH going luck with that. But you fucking did it!!! Outstanding. I vote Yes on plywood badge for whatever it's called. Maybe a "I'll look into it and get back with you" plywood badge. Awesome and thank you. Well done.

Now, for size, totally interesting comp, agree with those above.

For type, I swear if mine comes with red hooks I'm going to puke.

Otherwise, looks great in the wild!!! Thank you!

Sponsored

OP
OP

FrankInNordale

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Found it! Stand by for some closeups hopefully an inside look too!!
Dude, well done!!! Literally a couple miles from where I spotted it at Summerlin and San Carlos. I could have sworn the one I saw yesterday had a Rubicon decal on the hood and I don't remember seeing the white lettering on the windshield. Maybe there are two in the area?

Just_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Thank you! That's exactly the type of shots I was looking for. Gives a good perspective sitting between the discovery and a full size truck.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
excellent comparison with the 3 vehicles looks like the track is slightly narrower than the disco too thatll help on tight tracks

ClawSS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra, 2010 Camaro. 2009 300C SRT8, 2004 Silverado
Boy that black looks really nice!

<inner voice> "I don't want black...I don't want black...I don't want black. <\inner voice>
Sponsored