JT sightings at consumer to shows?

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I don't think I could hunt the Southern Swamps, but looking at these photos while my yard is locked in ice and snow, and my boat frozen in the winter tomb of the garage, I'm starting to rethink some life choices....
No doubt, I worked out of Louisiana for over 5 years and all the guys there run custom aluminum hulls. Tough rigs.
Sponsored

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Just viewed at Minneapolis Auto Show. Very disappointed that it was Display Only. The Wranglers were free to climb over.....

Take aways:
1) It looked sweet. Wish any of the tops would have been soft tops.
2) Stated: "Pricing will be at the end of April".
3) Stated: "Late availability colors should be available at the regular model year launch"
4) It's looks bad ass for those that kick ass... and haul plywood. It's not a work truck, it's a "I do a ton of different things truck, including DIY home handy man, hunt, fish, move friends, and have fun..."

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Just viewed at Minneapolis Auto Show. Very disappointed that it was Display Only. The Wranglers were free to climb over.....

Take aways:
3) Stated: "Late availability colors should be available at the regular model year launch"
4) It's looks bad ass for those that kick ass... and haul plywood. It's not a work truck, it's a "I do a ton of different things truck, including DIY home handy man, hunt, fish, move friends, and have fun..."
Thank you! Reaction, interest, comments from people? Is this a seller up north?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

Take aways:
@Lou2.0 you see this, check out item number 3 on the list.

Sponsored

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
What does that mean? Fall of 2019? That sounds bad to my ears....
Yes, Fall of '19 per the FCA rep going by "Emily" on the stage.

Made me think their communication would be stronger if the called the Red/White/Black "Early Release" colors, rather than the cool colors "Late Release".

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Thank you! Reaction, interest, comments from people? Is this a seller up north?
The only dealer I saw was from a local called Lupient. I don't know if he was just in the area or actually working. Everyone else had FCA name tags on.

We did the trail ride but got stuck in a Cherokee, not a JLU. That sucked.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Yes, Fall of '19 per the FCA rep going by "Emily" on the stage.

Made me think their communication would be stronger if the called the Red/White/Black "Early Release" colors, rather than the cool colors "Late Release".
Like in September? That's what I was thinking. It would be in line with when the cool JL colors started coming out.

Seems like they're going to open up orders before they release prices...

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
I wouldn't get too excited about order banks opening before pricing is announced..... Everything about this is coming up short of projections.

This is the sort of thing I do for work. Much smaller scale, but the principles are the same: it takes longer and costs more than you can forecast.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
@Lou2.0 you see this, check out item number 3 on the list.
It's all a mute matter to me . . . on another thread just a few minutes ago I stated my intentions of getting SERIOUS in September ! But, I should of added - doing here, now - that if the color I want is not yet available, on lots or to order, then I WILL wait further ! Gator is intriguing to me, but not until I see it 1st hand . They may come up with 1 or 2 other colors by years end ? NOTHING is "written" or "done" in stone !
** I should also state, that IF I see a color I want at a Local OR out of state (Idaho or Montana) during my fly fishing bucket list Trip (Montana and possibly Idaho as a travel route) . . . then ? ? Obviously I'll have the G.C. with me for the potential - let's do this now - scenario !**

Crableg85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Paramedic
Well went to a show sat in the jt, and a ram left and went to buy a ram laramie the jt truck is just to small for me and the family with a dog cant beat the prices too right now on these rams fully loaded

20190311_153640.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Take aways:
#3, YES
#4, YES! and agree Lifestyle truck, could be plywood lifestyle . just saying......

Thanks for the info.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Well went to a show sat in the jt, and a ram left and went to buy a ram laramie the jt truck is just to small for me and the family with a dog cant beat the prices too right now on these rams fully loaded

20190311_153640.jpg
#anotheronebitesthedust

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Is Jeep pre-announcing shows it'll be at? The Denver Auto Show is next weekend and I'm considering making a trip down if the truck will be on display.
Sponsored