Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
F0D387D7-D162-43F6-ABB7-EAD4270BE140.jpeg
C0CA00B1-0463-44AE-A4E6-D2C2AAD3B7CF.jpeg
F5AB23DB-5088-40C0-B901-54345EAD9FF7.jpeg
I have a “1 Up” brand bike rack that I plug into my trailer hitch. When it’s folded flat without a bike on it it’s 9 and 3/4 inches from the top of my bumper hitch tube to the top of my folded bike rack. If anyone goes to see a Gladiator at a show it would be great if you could drop the tailgate and measure the distance from the bottom of the lowered tailgate to the top of the bumper hitch tube. See the attached picture. I marked this area in red. Many thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
And FYI I even fabricated my own brackets for my bike rack and then added LED brake, turn signal and stop lights to the rack. We live in such a litigious society. And I don’t want to have some tail gater rear end me and then try to say it was my fault because they could not see my tail lights through my bike tires. Such simple peace of mind! Everyone should put such lights on any and all rear end bike racks for this simple reason.

Last edited:

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
And FYI I even fabricated my own brackets for my bike rack and then added LED brake, turn signal and stop lights to the rack. We live in such a litigious society. And I doubt want to have some tail gater rear end me and then try to say it was my fault because they could not see my tail lights through my bike tires. Such simple peace of mind! Everyone should put such lights on any and all rear end bike racks for this simple reason.
Great minds think alike! We're leaving Friday on a trip and putting my Kuat 4 bike rack on the back of my wife's XC60. I planned to put a light set on the 4th bike tray just to minimize the chance of some moron tailgating and rear-ending the bikes.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Great minds think alike! We're leaving Friday on a trip and putting my Kuat 4 bike rack on the back of my wife's XC60. I planned to put a light set on the 4th bike tray just to minimize the chance of some moron tailgating and rear-ending the bikes.
Here’s the lights on our rack.
D71587CC-5D0E-4EA8-9E5D-C955327016BD.jpeg
Sponsored