Sponsored

Local dealer update

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
Last week stopped in to one of the ATL suburb dealerships. I take anything from them with a grain of salt since they own multiple dealerships of various manufacturers. Their guy said the Gladiator is not coming out until at least June from what they were recently told. There will not be an early release of the 2020 nor a late 2019 model delivering in April as previously reported. I have cash in the bank but the 2018 loaded hd ram 2500 cummings turbo diesel with allison transmission @$55k is looking better and better. I hate passing on the jeep, but my avalanche has 330k miles and I don't know if she'll last until the Gladiator arrives....

The ATL auto show is this week and they are showing a gladiator in their website video. I'm going to see if I can see it in person. https://goautoshow.com/
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I see that it starts this Wednesday. I am in South Carolina and could be tempted to go see the show but only if they let you sit inside the truck instead of letting you just look at it from a distance. When do you plan to go see it? Let me know and please let me know if they let you sit in it. Thanks

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's Cummins, not cummings. And they've got ZF transmissions, not Allisons. But yes you can definitely get more truck for the money if you go with Ram over Jeep.

The question is, how bad do you want to be able to take the top and doors off?

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
A lot of misinfo and misunderstanding of what you're buying in a Ram vs Jeep.

Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
It's Cummins, not cummings. And they've got ZF transmissions, not Allisons. But yes you can definitely get more truck for the money if you go with Ram over Jeep.

The question is, how bad do you want to be able to take the top and doors off?
Not all have zfs some have Aisin transmissions.
I agree ram will be more truck for the money, im getting a ram if the JT is too expensive.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Pretty sure you got to order the 1-ton
to get the Allison...
There is no Allison transmission in the RAM. Silverados have the Allison transmissions, the optional upgrade transmission in RAMs is an Aisin.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
There is no Allison transmission in the RAM. Silverados have the Allison transmissions, the optional upgrade transmission in RAMs is an Aisin.
Thank you - I remembered the 3/4 ton had a different (not as good) auto & you had to move up to 1 ton for the better transmission. At least it was that way a couple years ago when a friend of mine ordered his pickup.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Once I put my hand on a Gladiator @ Detroit it was game over for me. I have to have one. Good luck with a hard decision.

OP
OP
steveale

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jake,
I am trying to arrange time off to go Wens. I figured better chance of hands on early before the big weekend crowds hit. I will report back if I find out that they let you get up close/sit in them every day. I did see it is not one of the vehicles offered in the drive ride program. darn it. As far as the RAM truck details...thanks for the correct details for all those who posted.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Thanks steveale, much appreciated. Please check out my post in the thread: tape measure request. Would be great if you could check that part of it out if they will let you get close to it,

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Their guy said the Gladiator is not coming out until at least June from what they were recently told. There will not be an early release of the 2020 nor a late 2019 model delivering in April as previously reported.
That lines up with what we've been hearing. Never heard the 2019 rumor though. It's always been a 2020 debuting in late Spring AFAIK.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Last week stopped in to one of the ATL suburb dealerships. I take anything from them with a grain of salt since they own multiple dealerships of various manufacturers. Their guy said the Gladiator is not coming out until at least June from what they were recently told. There will not be an early release of the 2020 nor a late 2019 model delivering in April as previously reported. I have cash in the bank but the 2018 loaded hd ram 2500 cummings turbo diesel with allison transmission @$55k is looking better and better. I hate passing on the jeep, but my avalanche has 330k miles and I don't know if she'll last until the Gladiator arrives....

The ATL auto show is this week and they are showing a gladiator in their website video. I'm going to see if I can see it in person. https://goautoshow.com/
How'd you like your Avalanche? I guess pretty well at 330K. How do you compare it to JT?

reedred

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geraldine

You were wise to take that with a grain of salt. Assuming you shared your concerns about the Avalanche, the salesman probably decided to pass on potentially selling you something a few months from now and focus on getting you out the door in the $55K truck they've been floorplanning for a year and a half. If you just walked in as a complete stranger, I don't think he'd be very good at his job if he didn't try to sell you whatever he could that day. It's not like you have an established relationship and he has reason to think you are eventually going to go to him, that dealership, or even FCA when the Gladiator comes out or you get sick of waiting for it.

I will keep Blanche the 'Lanche (sorry if she already had another name) in my thoughts. May she keep serving faithfully as long as you need her!

OP
OP
steveale

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How'd you like your Avalanche? I guess pretty well at 330K. How do you compare it to JT?
I have owned 3 avalanches. I initially was interested in them due to the innovation in design. All the storage, features, mid-gate, tonneau cover...it was truly innovative. I see very similar design innovation in the Gladiator, First time I have been this excited about a vehicle since the launch of the avalanche.
Sponsored