2020 Gladiator Options Matrix

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I just looked through your guide again. I'm glad I did that, I need to put on my list the sound assassin insulation. I did something similar to a Saab 92x I had a few years back. I did roof, floors, doors with two RAAMAudio products. Loved the difference. I'll definitely want to do something similar with the gladiator.
Cool, I'll try to add more stuff soon. You might be able to get a gray dash as an option but I don't think you could with the JL. The matrix shows the ways to not get a red dash.
Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
So we're saying red dash is standard with those colors? There won't be a factory option to get that in, say gray, or black?
No factory option that I've ever seen. To see how they work on the build tool...

Go into the build tool, choose Rubicon, no need to even pick any options. Just go to the Exterior tab, put your build picture on the interior view, and toggle your way through the different exterior colors and see what they do to the dash panels. Note that by switching exterior colors, the red stitching stays even if the grey dash is associated with that exterior color.

That said, if you don't mind Dark Saddle leather seats, that option choice wipes out the red stitching everywhere and always has the grey dash, on all exterior colors.

So, with some considerations and maybe concessions, you can force them to flip flop in everything but Hydro Blue, Punk'n, Gator, and Gobi, which going by the build tool, you're getting a grey dash no matter what.

You can tear your dash apart and switch them yourself of course. Sky's the limit there, seen swaps, repaints, vinyl wraps, etc. on the JL Forum.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Best option Imo, Rubicon gator with saddle, then swap an overland leather dash panel after delivery. Leather dash, no red stitching.
No factory option that I've ever seen. To see how they work on the build tool...

Go into the build tool, choose Rubicon, no need to even pick any options. Just go to the Exterior tab, put your build picture on the interior view, and toggle your way through the different exterior colors and see what they do to the dash panels. Note that by switching exterior colors, the red stitching stays even if the grey dash is associated with that exterior color.

That said, if you don't mind Dark Saddle leather seats, that option choice wipes out the red stitching everywhere and always has the grey dash, on all exterior colors.

So, with some considerations and maybe concessions, you can force them to flip flop in everything but Hydro Blue, Punk'n, Gator, and Gobi, which going by the build tool, you're getting a grey dash no matter what.

You can tear your dash apart and switch them yourself of course. Sky's the limit there, seen swaps, repaints, vinyl wraps, etc. on the JL Forum.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Best option Imo, Rubicon gator with saddle, then swap an overland leather dash panel after delivery. Leather dash, no red stitching.
I'm definitely going sting gray with the black interior. I can deal with the red stitching in various places, but the dash is a bit much for my life lol
So yea, I'll be swapping it out for sure. I'm going to drive it around for a bit with the red of course, just to see if perhaps I change my mind...

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'd like to see more detailed specifications on the Max Towing Group. My guess is that detailed information on that probably isn't common knowledge yet. I'm wondering things like:

-Does the Max Towing Group get heavier duty coil springs? Are these coil springs unique to the MTG or are they the same ones used on higher trim levels?

-Is the MTG the only package that gets wheels with higher load rating or are those wheels standard across the board on Gladiator?

-Which specific engine/trans. cooling parts are ONLY found in the MTG?

-Does the MTG come with a trailer brake controller, or is the controller an additional stand-alone option?

-Are the brake rotors/calipers different on MTG Gladiators compared to Rubicons?

-Is the Gladiator really 900 lbs. heavier than the JLU?

-Are there any interior gauge/display changes that come with the MTG? Some trucks have various camera angles, trailer backing features, etc. with their towing packages.

-Do you get 4 and 7 pin wiring connection pre-installed with the MTG?

Sponsored

Kdmerchant

First Name
Ketan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gobi Rubicon
WXman, I have these questions too. My brother in law is a salesman at the Jeep dealership in Lexington, and he doesn't have answers to this yet but I'll try to find out when he does. Interestingly, when you build a base Sport on the jeep website and add Max Towing, it states that it also includes "Molded-In-Color Fender Flares (2-Pc)"

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
WXman, I have these questions too. My brother in law is a salesman at the Jeep dealership in Lexington, and he doesn't have answers to this yet but I'll try to find out when he does. Interestingly, when you build a base Sport on the jeep website and add Max Towing, it states that it also includes "Molded-In-Color Fender Flares (2-Pc)"
That is interesting. I wonder what the color of the fenders has to do with towing a trailer?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is interesting. I wonder what the color of the fenders has to do with towing a trailer?
I thought the axles were wider, and this the stock sport fenders won't work.

The Rubicon has its own fenders that may not fit without modification.

So maybe it's an overland painted fender you get.

EDIT: not sure why an overland fender would help. I don't think they can get the 4:10 axles. Are only the 4:10 axles "wide"

OR does overland also have "wide" axles?
I understand the drive ratio doesn't mean the axle is wider, but that might be how they set it up........ When will they be on lots!!!!!!!!??

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
lol, i posted that video.

You see the silver stitching and gray plastic dash? That's what i want, but then you can swap in an overland leather dash which i think would look best.
Wierd the armrest isn’t saddle-

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wierd the armrest isn’t saddle-
Well there are lots of leather accents that aren't saddle. Steering wheel, shifter boot, isn't there some door fabric that is leather too? Arm rest.

I'm not super bumbed out about the lack of Saddle arm-rest though. I still think it looks good.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Well there are lots of leather accents that aren't saddle. Steering wheel, shifter boot, isn't there some door fabric that is leather too? Arm rest.

I'm not super bumbed out about the lack of Saddle arm-rest though. I still think it looks good.
That’s what steered me away from saddle. It’s like some of it is saddle and the rest black. To me it would be great if they went all in with the saddle...

But I agree on the leather dash. That may be what I get if I absolutely hate the red.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Add price to Max Tow questions, separately and together? All those goodies together could be pricey. It's a great package, but if it brings sport price upwards, we are bumping into sports s loaded or overland manual. Maybe....
Sponsored