Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
U can get one through treadlightly
Not the same thing. He’s asking for an Employee Discount number, or Green Slip Price. It’s typically set at 5% under invoice, not including discounts, rebates, or dealer specials. The user must usually be a direct family member of an employee, and “selling” your discount can result in the employee losing their employee discount.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
“selling” your discount can result in the employee losing their employee discount.
or losing their job alltogether.

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I'm confused at why we think the OP is asking for an employee one?

The tread lightly process gets you an "FCA Control Number" - which is all the OP is asking for? right? and well, then he should follow the tread lightly process, or, I linked a post that shows a bunch of other organizations that get that 1%...

Limamikemike

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Powerwagon
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
A control number isn’t going to do much for the OP, when you call FCA for the control number you have to state what affiliate you’re buying through and the unique number you get from the affiliate. It’s a two part process and requires two numbers and proof of ID.

Then you present the control number that you received from FCA to the dealer with your corresponding ID from the affiliate (participating company ID, FCA employee/retiree ID, tread lightly membership etc). Then the discount is confirmed. The dealer then takes the control number that you generated on the phone with FCA and attaches it to the deal so they can be paid for the discount that was applied to the vehicle.

Convoluted process but it makes it somewhat harder to defraud the system.

Sponsored

Limamikemike

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Powerwagon
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Looks like there will always be dishonest people who will figure a way to abuse the perk.

The company I work for gives employees vouchers for deeply discounted flights to be given free to friends who are not direct relations to the employee. The operative words are given free. If you’re caught trading them for goods or services or selling them it’s instant termination of employment.

OP
OP
Blisskiss

Blisskiss

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Thanks guys, I figured there was a reason why no one was doing this. I thought it worked differently such that the FCA control numbers come in pairs of two and that it would be reasonable to sell your extra. That isn't the case. If I could close this thread I would.