Extended warranty or not?

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Are all their plans lifetime plans? I imagine that means unlimited miles? Also probably non-transferable?

Do you know @BlckJT ?

I am seriously considering it for the JT, especially if it’s lifetime. My other experience with a extended vehicle warranty has been very positive. I financed it along with my 2014 Ford TC. It paid itself off in the first 2 years, with an issue I had, maybe even created by me and my overloading it.
Eek I should have read your entire post. :angel: You answered my questions.
Sponsored

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
Are all their plans lifetime plans? I imagine that means unlimited miles? Also probably non-transferable?

Do you know @BlckJT ?
They stopped offering the Lifetime last year. The Max is 7 years or 125K miles. My lifetime meant 999,999 miles and expired in the year 2099. Also, it is non-transferable and good for only the purchaser of the plan.

JPSTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Wrangler
If you do choose to go with an EW, I would shop plans online before buying. Some dealers will go below invoice but hold on to profits on the financing, warranty etc. There a couple big providers online that offer FCA backed warranty for half of lost price. If your dealer won’t match it, buy it after the sale. Only thing with that is you can’t roll the cost into your payments if that is important to you.

JPSTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU Wrangler
Can you point me to one or two?
Here is one...there are others, just do a search. http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/
I found that If you put in your info, request a quote...which is instantaneous... and then wait a few days or more, you should get additional discount offers. I think they offered me a couple hundred $ before I puled the trigger.

Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
If you plan an owning it for more than 5 years/60k miles then yes! Better to be safe than sorry.

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
OP
OP
Just_Scott

Just_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
The dealer I buy from in Northern Indiana includes a lifetime warranty on all new vehicles purchased...so yes, I’ll be getting one.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Do you know @BlckJT ?

I am seriously considering it for the JT, especially if it’s lifetime. My other experience with a extended vehicle warranty has been very positive. I financed it along with my 2014 Ford TC. It paid itself off in the first 2 years, with an issue I had, maybe even created by me and my overloading it.
No they're not all lifetime, and actually I heard they were doing away with lifetime. Now I'm not sure if that was just on the Pacifica, or all across FCA. Contact that guy I posted about, he can tell you.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So, are these brokers selling the same plan? Or are they different plans entirely?
The good ones are legit FCA plans. I would never buy a 3rd party warranty. Just like with JT pricing. Some dealers will gouge you for a warranty, but if you shop around can get em for much less.

jalbrecht55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR
When I purchased my JGC last year the dealer there had said that depending on where you buy the warranty (mopar lifetime in this case) has an effect on its usefulness. Here’s how he described it:

If you buy it with the vehicle, it works as you would expect, go to any dealer and they will repair the vehicle under warranty and you pay the deductible.

If you buy it later from dealer “A” it works as you would expect when you have work done at dealer “A”. If you go to dealer “B” they then have to get a 3rd party involved to approve all warranty work which he implied significantly reduces your chances of getting the work paid for under the warranty. He said they are so good at wording things as normal wear and tear or caused by the driver (abuse) that the claims are rarely approved.

I’m not sure if this was a load of bull or not. He matched the Zeigler price so what the heck.. I bought it from him. But still I wonder. My advice, do your research, decide what warranty you want, find the best pricing and bring it with you when you go to purchase the vehicle.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I purchased my JGC last year the dealer there had said that depending on where you buy the warranty (mopar lifetime in this case) has an effect on its usefulness. Here’s how he described it:

If you buy it with the vehicle, it works as you would expect, go to any dealer and they will repair the vehicle under warranty and you pay the deductible.

If you buy it later from dealer “A” it works as you would expect when you have work done at dealer “A”. If you go to dealer “B” they then have to get a 3rd party involved to approve all warranty work which he implied significantly reduces your chances of getting the work paid for under the warranty. He said they are so good at wording things as normal wear and tear or caused by the driver (abuse) that the claims are rarely approved.

I’m not sure if this was a load of bull or not. He matched the Zeigler price so what the heck.. I bought it from him. But still I wonder. My advice, do your research, decide what warranty you want, find the best pricing and bring it with you when you go to purchase the vehicle.
Hmmm, maybe I got hosed, nobody mentioned having to get approval from the dealer that sold it.

I'm assuming that's BS, because dealers wouldn't want to sell warranties for others purchases because they would have to get involved and approve every warranty claim. Lots of work. Who knows. I'll tell you in 4 years I guess.
Sponsored