Sponsored

What does the carplay button do?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I have a Pacifica Hybrid which i thought had android auto and apple carplay, but my uconnect has no Apple Carplay button, but i saw on the Alex on Auto review there is a button for that on the overland with 8.4 he was reviewing.
Sponsored

Limamikemike

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Powerwagon
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Carplay is for Apple devices that basically mirrors some of the apps on your phone into the touchscreen unit in the car, allows you to use navigation apps and music apps mostly like they were on your phone. IOS 12 brought Google maps and Waze to carplay instead of shitty Apple maps, super useful.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Carplay is for Apple devices that basically mirrors some of the apps on your phone into the touchscreen unit in the car, allows you to use navigation apps and music apps mostly like they were on your phone. IOS 12 brought Google maps and Waze to carplay instead of shitty Apple maps, super useful.
AHHH! I just figured out how to get the android auto button to show up on my Pacifica. This dash is now super amazing. Exactly what I wanted in the dash. Plug phone in, google voice commands for maps, button for Pandora. DONE AND DONE!

i'm assuming the gladiator will be the same, super cool.
Sponsored