Sponsored

How much will these trucks be worth a year from delivery?

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK CRD
If the JL is any foreshadowing for the JT, how much value do you think these trucks will lose as you drive them off the lot and then as the next model year gets here?
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
If the JL is any foreshadowing for the JT, how much value do you think these trucks will lose as you drive them off the lot and then as the next model year gets here?
Used on lot will sell for more than the 5% below invoice.

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
After 4 years, I expect a base Rubicon will be worth a little bit over $30k with around 50-60k miles. My thinking is based on historical used JK pricing.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
My JKU Rubicon is still worth between $25K-$29K with 80K miles and is 6 years old. MSRP on it at the time was $44K (basically fully loaded Rubicon only missing remote start). I paid $37K out the door with the Tread Lightly Discount and some additional negotiation.

As long at the economy holds up I think the Gladiator will follow suit.

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
They won't loose as much as the competition.

Sponsored

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
I think the JLU resale will be hurt the most a year from now. The Gladiator being brand new will hold up nicely for at least a couple years.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
If it the JT holds up like the Tacoma that would be huge.
Now that I think about it this truck will have a lot more competition then the Wrangler so it might not hold up as well as the Wrangler dose. But I think that could be the case for the entire segment. The Gladiator coming in and the new Ranger will also affect the Tacoma's resale as well.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
who cares, aren't we all keeping these things forever? I plan to be buried in it when that day comes.
Now that I’ve made it to the 2 car stage of my life, I expect the Gladiator to last a very, very long time for me. Depending what they do with the mid-cycle upgrade or gen2 (auto lane keeping and PHEV if done the right way* would be very tempting) I may upgrade then, but it’s not unreasonable to expect I’ll own a Gladiator for the rest of my life.

* for the record, I’m my opinion the right way to do PHEV with a 8’r would be to provide a ridiculous amount of torque to all 4 wheels through the rock track t-case when in off-road mode, and allowing it to run electric only front drive for highway fuel economy.

Sponsored

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
who cares, aren't we all keeping these things forever? I plan to be buried in it when that day comes.
Exactly! I really don't care what it will be worth in a year because I'm not buying it as an investment to sell a year later. I'm guessing the author of this thread is hoping to lay low for a year and buy used hoping to save a chunk.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
In a plywood coffin no doubt!