August - September Delivery?

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Sorry about the semi-clickbaity title, but I haven't really seen this discussed anywhere else.

I got word from my dealer today, as with some of you on the forum, that orders for those of us who want regular Gladiators will start mid-May. My dealer also said he can't imagine them being in anyone's hands until late August (at the earliest).

Personally, this is rather disappointing news as I could remember Jeep saying "Coming this spring".

I wanted to get some other opinions and see what you guys think...
Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
I think LE version is going to actually be a later delivery from what I've read in many threads and talking to the dealers.
The regular orders are estimated June or July by most estimates. That would be fantastic but no one really knows.
I'm amazed that FCA doesn't just have someone who is willing to tell us details ...

OP
OP
Jeepin Weekend

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think LE version is going to actually be a later delivery from what I've read in many threads and talking to the dealers.
The regular orders are estimated June or July by most estimates. That would be fantastic but no one really knows.
I'm amazed that FCA doesn't just have someone who is willing to tell us details ...
I really wish Jeep would be more transparent on things. I need to have a truck by August for moving to Alaska, and I would prefer the Gladiator, but if it's not available, I'll be looking at ZR2s...

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I really wish Jeep would be more transparent on things. I need to have a truck by August for moving to Alaska, and I would prefer the Gladiator, but if it's not available, I'll be looking at ZR2s...
As I just ordered, I'll give you a HELL of a deal on my 2018 ZR2 Diesel.
15lk miles on it today.
;)

2018.05.15.06.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
As I just ordered, I'll give you a HELL of a deal on my 2018 ZR@ Diesel.
15lk miles on it today.
;)

2018.05.15.06.jpg
Wheelin and dealin on the JT forums....I love it!

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I'm trying to be patient, as I don't NEED a new vehicle, but I want to get back in a Jeep. If Canadian release is going to be even later than the US, meaning we have to wait till winter/early 2020, I may just grab a JL on a short term lease.

Local dealer getting a bikini pearl Sahara this weekend and has me pencilled in for a test drive...

Just_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Sorry about the semi-clickbaity title, but I haven't really seen this discussed anywhere else.

I got word from my dealer today, as with some of you on the forum, that orders for those of us who want regular Gladiators will start mid-May. My dealer also said he can't imagine them being in anyone's hands until late August (at the earliest).

Personally, this is rather disappointing news as I could remember Jeep saying "Coming this spring".

I wanted to get some other opinions and see what you guys think...
Let's be real, this is a 2020 model not a 2019. When Jeep/FCA says coming Spring 2019 they mean that's when it hits car shows and is available for testing and reviews, not when it's hits dealer lots. They have been true to that. IMHO it's unrealistic to think that you will have a 2020 model in your driveway by Summer 2019.

Usually dealers start taking orders in late Spring or early Summer for the next model year with and expected delivery in the Fall. Anything before that is just icing on top.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Let's be real, this is a 2020 model not a 2019. When Jeep/FCA says coming Spring 2019 they mean that's when it hits car shows and is available for testing and reviews, not when it's hits dealer lots. They have been true to that. IMHO it's unrealistic to think that you will have a 2020 model in your driveway by Summer 2019.

Usually dealers start taking orders in late Spring or early Summer for the next model year with and expected delivery in the Fall. Anything before that is just icing on top.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

I agree, I'm not upset at FCA. I bought a 2017 ram 2 years ago because I needed a truck, and figured it would be 3-5 years before we saw a Jeep pickup, if at all. I traded my JKU for it, because I felt I'd need a pickup. But after 2 years, the withdrawal of not having a Jeep, I've had 3 over the previous 17 years, and the realization that I can get by with a small a dump/utility trailer, makes me want a Jeep again. If the Gladiator hadn't been announced, I'd probably be in a JL by now.

I like the Gladiator better for the extra Towing for the odd time I need it, but I'd be just as happy with the JL and borrowing/renting a truck when I need to trailer my horse around.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot

Just my 2 cents. ;)
It’s not quite the same, but I ordered my 2014 JKU in May of 13 and had it in June.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepin Weekend

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Just my 2 cents. ;)
Sorry, this is just my first time ever attempting to get a new vehicle so close to launch, I guess I was naive to their definitions of availability.