Cat back exhaust cold air intake

NYR_4_LIFE

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Do you have any idea How much HP this will add. ? When is the pricing going to come out on these 200 upgrades from Mopar
Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Do you have any idea How much HP this will add. ? When is the pricing going to come out on these 200 upgrades from Mopar
I don't know the exact numbers for the JT but usually an intake adds around 10hp and an exhaust usually adds around 5hp but if you combine the two you could usually see around 20hp. Again, I don't know the specific numbers for the JT so it could be way off.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
just look for same mods on a JL, probably similar on the JT

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Specifically to wranglers, I heard it doesn't add that much performance. Especially the CAI since the factory intake is just as cold as aftermarket ones. I would be surprised if you're able to get 20 more hp but I'm just speculating.

OP
OP

NYR_4_LIFE

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
This is the JT with all the add-ons that they were showing off. If you notice there is a vent in the hood. It that part off , just buying the cold air intake or are you buying a separate hood I watched YouTube video didn’t really explain

17F7AFDE-05FE-41A8-9673-96B7C33EE990.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Ifthis is the GT with all the add-ons that they were showing off. If you notice there is a vent in the hood. It that part off , just buying the cold air intake or are you buying a separate hood I watched YouTube video didn’t really explain

you have to cut a plywood notch in your hood to do it. better wait for the Rugged Ridge version to come out, no cutting or drilling required. shown at SEMA

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I don't know the exact numbers for the JT but usually an intake adds around 10hp and an exhaust usually adds around 5hp but if you combine the two you could usually see around 20hp. Again, I don't know the specific numbers for the JT so it could be way off.
Those numbers are extremely optimistic for a modern engine. If Jeep could add 20hp to this engine with absolutely nothing more than intake & exhaust changes, they’d do it in a heartbeat and ship it from the factory that way. I’d be shocked if the combination got you more than 5-6hp on a dyno, and frankly even that much would be pushing it.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Those numbers are extremely optimistic for a modern engine. If Jeep could add 20hp to this engine with absolutely nothing more than intake & exhaust changes, they’d do it in a heartbeat and ship it from the factory that way. I’d be shocked if the combination got you more than 5-6hp on a dyno, and frankly even that much would be pushing it.
I was thinking more high performance aftermarket, I guess Mopar is not that much of an upgrade, they probably try to keep it as emissions compliant as possible.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
you have to cut a plywood notch in your hood to do it. better wait for the Rugged Ridge version to come out, no cutting or drilling required. shown at SEMA
That’s the Mopar unit with the trailer break controller. Some of the YouTubes pan by it and if you’re quick, you can pause and zoom in and see it. One year on and another Los Angeles auto show and still only the sound of crickets.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
That’s the Mopar unit with the trailer break controller. Some of the YouTubes pan by it and if you’re quick, you can pause and zoom in and see it. One year on and another Los Angeles auto show and still only the sound of crickets.
the rugged ridge is up for pre-order on quadratec. its ships in January. I ordered mine. like $600 or something.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
This is the JT with all the add-ons that they were showing off. If you notice there is a vent in the hood. It that part off , just buying the cold air intake or are you buying a separate hood I watched YouTube video didn’t really explain

You can buy the hood with the snorkel cut out just don`t know when.
Sponsored