Sponsored

Now that we have pricing, are you still onboard?

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 RAM, 12 Tahoe, 97 TJ [RIP 99 XJ ton's and 35's]
Vehicle Showcase
Out for now.

CFO says no, something about the kid needs college...

I'll hopefully pick up a 2020, in 2025.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
These things are going to have serial numbers still right? Or did technuts go and make that digital too? All we gotta do is get the serial number, and that will tell us what # it is, and from that, where in the sequence of the 4190 (or more) it is... Right? Or am I an idot?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Sorry folks but I just decided not to buy a Gladiator, no kidding. Now that Jay posted the dealership cost prices as well as the prices for some of the Mopar items I can now determine my final price to Travis. And at the end of the day it’s more than I want to spend. Have had some back up vehicles that I am interested in and will now head that way. Will continue to monitor the forum as it’s most interesting ideas going on here by a great group of Jeep enthusiasts. And the products posted and ideas posted are more than fascinating to read. It’s been fun folks but for now, catch ya later. Hope you all enjoy your new Gladiators once they arrive in your driveways. Happy trails!!

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Sorry folks but I just decided not to buy a Gladiator, no kidding. Now that Jay posted the dealership cost prices as well as the prices for some of the Mopar items I can now determine my final price to Travis. And at the end of the day it’s more than I want to spend. Have had some back up vehicles that I am interested in and will now head that way. Will continue to monitor the forum as it’s most interesting ideas going on here by a great group of Jeep enthusiasts. And the products posted and ideas posted are more than fascinating to read. It’s been fun folks but for now, catch ya later. Hope you all enjoy your new Gladiators once they arrive in your driveways. Happy trails!!
Bye Felicia. is the tailgate step or tri fold cover cheeped in your Camery?

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra
I wouldn't say price as listed is necessarily an issue. Personally, there are other pressing needs that require that monetary investment. I am probably 2 years minimum from realistically being able to afford or even need a new vehicle of any kind.

I have been drooling over jeeps since I can remember seeing one on T.V. (Rat Patrol.) I bought a 1941 Willys MB in high school and wrenched on it till our first born arrived. I remember stopping at the Jeep dealer late at night after work and checking out CJ 7s and wishing I could afford one. Had to settle for a Datsun 200 SX.

Since then, had to play it practical with family cars. But since I bought a CPO 2007 Tundra for my teens to drive, I don't know how I ever lived without a pickup.

Although I have yet to drive one, obviously, the Gladiator SEEMS to be the perfect blend for me at the perfect time. My all time favorite vehicle, in p/u form, with a manual (like the old days,) suitable for my mid-life crisis splurge.

Hopefully all the 1st model year bugs are minor and get worked out and Mopar and the aftermarket have established really cool options by the time I'm ready. And of course hopefully I really love the way it drives.

In the meantime, what a great resource this forum is to understand what the pros and cons are of Jeep ownership. I'm living vicariously through you guys right now.

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
What are you wearing ..... Jake from State Farm?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I have no clue who Jake from State Farm is. And I don’t even use State Farm. I use Geico for car, home and boat.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have no clue who Jake from State Farm is. And I don’t even use State Farm. I use Geico for car, home and boat.
Gonna miss you Jake from wherever. Except yuo won't be leaving. Many have tried to quit this forum several times. It's not like there is anything better, so good talk, TTYL. Lol. Plywood Jake is back baby!!!

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
These things are going to have serial numbers still right? Or did technuts go and make that digital too? All we gotta do is get the serial number, and that will tell us what # it is, and from that, where in the sequence of the 4190 (or more) it is... Right? Or am I an idot?
Serial numbers do not follow sequentially on the production line.

Take for instance the Demon.. some of the first numbers assembled out of 3300 were in the 1000- to 2000 number sequence.

Number 666 was one of the last to be manufactured.

Serial number 1 could possibly be the last one assembled.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Gonna miss you Jake from wherever. Except yuo won't be leaving. Many have tried to quit this forum several times. It's not like there is anything better, so good talk, TTYL. Lol. Plywood Jake is back baby!!!
No I don’t plan to leave the forum. Quite to the contrary it’s interesting reading and to learn of great ideas that get posted here.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Serial numbers do not follow sequentially on the production line.

Take for instance the Demon.. some of the first numbers assembled out of 3300 were in the 1000- to 2000 number sequence.

Number 666 was one of the last to be manufactured.

Serial number 1 could possibly be the last one assembled.
Well that sucks for my argument. I'll come up with another one.

Reactions: JP1

Chris27519

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas, WanttobeaJeep
Perhaps Jeep has something with the JL and Gladiator that can command such high prices but I feel they are too high for me personally.

Perhaps I'm just not calibrated to the market but I feel they are about $10K too high.

The problem is that I would would want a cheaper "base" model that's < $30K or a model with tech/features but I don't want to pay an extra $10-20K+ for it. Maybe I'm just too cheap or like to avoid massive amounts of depreciating debt. Too bad, as I'm sure these will be fun.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Out for now.

CFO says no, something about the kid needs college...

I'll hopefully pick up a 2020, in 2025.
GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!
They can get (multiple) job(s)
or get that Laughlin Lady to buy them in to USC... too soon?:angel:

BTW: I know where a 2020 will be available in 2021, just as soon as I can get a Gator Diesel...

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
This threat really got away from me after posting it. 6 pages deep and there are a variety of topics now being discussed here. I will respond to the original question with my new outlook.

Since I posted here, our new baby girl was born, and we are now in escrow on a new house which while being at the top of our price range already, also needs about $200k of work to really make it perfect. Now if that's not enough stuff to change ones mind about yet another vehicle purchase I don't want to know what is. Add to that the recent hike in gas prices. And even with all that, my resolve is still mostly undeterred about placing the order once the banks open. This is my reasoning:

• Going through Kent, I expect to pick up a fully loaded Rubicon at 5-7% off invoice which is basically what CA tax is going to hit me with. So that's a pretty good savings right there.
  • Wranglers have historically held their value quite well and I feel that with the JT that's even more so the case as there is added utility while still having a good 80% of the off-road capability.
  • If I go fully loaded, I'm pretty certain I can hold off on spending any money on her for a good 6 months to a year while I build my reserves
  • There is not a single vehicle on the market that does all this stuff the JT can. I need an SUV, I would love to have a truck, and really want a convertible too. All in one? Don't mind if I do.
  • The new house is on a pretty steep hill and has a SICK garage so I can just imagine the fun I'll have just getting in and out of the neighborhood.
Anyway, I'm glad to see many of you are still on board and also that the herd is thinning a bit to ease the demand at the same time. Hopefully We can all be driving our new JTs by August. In the meantime, I think I'll need to rent a truck to work on the new place.

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I was fine with price...and now that I have driven one and got to look at all the models and features, I'm 100% sold.....which is good since I out my deposit down a month ago. Lol
Sponsored