HYDRO BLUE PEARL Gladiator JT Club

pau32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro looks sky blue where the sun is shining and then dark blue where isn't.
Indoor JK Hydro.png

Cherokee.png

You can see the color change as it transitions to the hood of this Cherokee

JK.png

Here's one more I think Hydro will look good with black flares.

HydroBlueJT7.jpg

GoneTopless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Asian/European
Hydro looks sky blue where the sun is shining and then dark blue where isn't.
Indoor JK Hydro.png

Cherokee.png

You can see the color change as it transitions to the hood of this Cherokee

JK.png

Here's one more I think Hydro will look good with black flares.

HydroBlueJT7.jpg

These renderings are stunning but I don’t think the JT will look this good in the Hydro. These blues are much more light and pastel almost compared to the dark hydro.

Great work though, I wish Jeep had gone with this blue instead.

pau32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These renderings are stunning but I don’t think the JT will look this good in the Hydro. These blues are much more light and pastel almost compared to the dark hydro.

Yes thats what I was thinking, but when I posted a more pastel version in an earlier post I deleted someone who owned a Hydro Blue wrangler told me its darker in person.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase

Only the bottom one is a rendering. The top 3 are actual photos. Like pau32 said, lighting really affects pearl coat paints. The 3rd pic in the set, the JK outdoors, looks most like the Hydro Blue Jeeps I see around. It does look lighter except at dusk and with indoor lighting.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There's a lot to like about a Gladiator, but I struggle with their looks. In some pics they're ugly/awkward, but they look good in other pics. I think it's the length to height ratio. A 2" lift with 37s will definitely help. I also think the use of graphics can shorten its appearance. The following pic has a 2" lift, 37s, and a graphic that breaks up the long front to back line.
20190418_184439-jpg.jpg

The star looks fine, but I think I might create my own vinyl detailing (inspired by the Gravity concept's rock climber). The actual lines will be cleaner/sharper, but below is a mock-up of my idea with my own hobbies represented.
upload_2019-4-20_4-15-53.png

Better yet, a rendering by @Bobs85Reny with a few graphics I might add from Etsy.
GladiatorBedrack Graphics.jpg

Last edited:

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hydro Blue production timeline estimate via FCA ... August (with black hard top), November (with body colored hard top).
Not sure when ordering can begin.

pau32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue production timeline estimate via FCA ... August (with black hard top), November (with body colored hard top).
Damn so you could end up waiting until 2020 for a colored matched Hydro to be delivered. Do you have a timeline estimate for Gator?

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Trailhawk, 2017 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A
Thank you for the information.

Random Question 1: What business model/marketing strategy shows it was a good idea to not have most or all colors available on a potentially huge and popular new vehicle release? Especially since Jeep already produces Hydro Blue Cherokee's?

Random Questions 2: Knowing Jeep already produces Hydro Blue vehicles, why would there be a 3-4 month delay to paint a simple hardtop with a color that is already being used to paint same production vehicle in August?

Non-random Question: Am I missing something here?

OP
OP
DMoney

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician

Random Question 1: What business model/marketing strategy shows it was a good idea to not have most or all colors available on a potentially huge and popular new vehicle release? Especially since Jeep already produces Hydro Blue Cherokee's?

Random Questions 2: Knowing Jeep already produces Hydro Blue vehicles, why would there be a 3-4 month delay to paint a simple hardtop with a color that is already being used to paint same production vehicle in August?

It definitely doesn't appear to be a good strategy for marketing or business model.
Probably has to do with tooling or something.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Both are great questions. I have no idea about either. All I know is how FCA has chosen to do things for as long as I've been following their vehicle color releases. :mad:

Last edited:

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Damn so you could end up waiting until 2020 for a colored matched Hydro to be delivered. Do you have a timeline estimate for Gator?
I only asked about Hydro. But, a whole color launch schedule was just posted that I'm sure you've seen by now on the main page.

Scottism

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Just went and saw a Red Rubi today and fell in love. It's going to be hard to wait to order till October and possibly not have her till next year :-( Anyone else struggling with the wait?