Sponsored

Gladiators heading to dealers spotted on transport carrier?

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Also my ship date has slid right, this is news to me. Was told the 12th and shown the expected shipping sheet for the dealer. Honestly I am not surprised since it is a brand new vehicle and trying to coordinate sending vehicles nationwide is no easy task.
That’s hard proof. I’ll be rooting for you. You can probably win the picture contest!

So, I wonder if they’re timing it all for May 1... purchasing at dealers and ordering custom?
Sponsored

Graiden

First Name
jtle44
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara X Edition
Occupation
Accountant
That’s hard proof. I’ll be rooting for you. You can probably win the picture contest!

So, I wonder if they’re timing it all for May 1... purchasing at dealers and ordering custom?
Sorry ... I’m still not convinced based on what FCA is telling us and the fact that ur build is incorrect in the tracker.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Sorry ... I’m still not convinced based on what FCA is telling us and the fact that ur build is incorrect in the tracker.
I am also skeptical. A fighter jet pilot walks into a Jeep dealer with his lawyer wife and just happens to get one of the 1st Gladiators to be shipped. Sounds like a guy living in his basement to me.

Oh and he is trying to extract $5 from me :CWL:

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
We have known that they were making dealer allocations since last month. There are certain dealers who have let’s call it status with fca that can get their trucks first. We have seen them on shipping trucks. How is it so hard to believe he is getting one?

Boy Toy's Toy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Jeep GC Overland, 2010 Dodge Charger R/T, 1999 Jeep GC Laredo, Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet
It is a JL tracker from a third party, not from Jeep.... It makes sense to me that there is going to be differences, at least it found my build sheet and shows my VIN as a Gladiator (on the tracker build sheet).

I am also skeptical. A fighter jet pilot walks into a Jeep dealer with his lawyer wife and just happens to get one of the 1st Gladiators to be shipped. Sounds like a guy living in his basement to me.

Oh and he is trying to extract $5 from me :CWL:
They have no idea what I do, or what my wife does. All I did was ask the right questions, continue asking questions, and kept pestering them with questions until they finally gave me what I wanted.

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Dude if you see a White Rubicon with white hardtop and black fenders let me know!!! It could be mine!! Maybe....although highly doubtful mine would go through Nebraska though since I am in Virginia.
The build sheet you posted has body colored fender flares as a checked option from what I can see. Seems like a discrepancy so hopefully you get what you ordered. I can imagine errors could occur for such a quick turn around. When your Gladiator shows up be sure to post pictures we would all love to see it.

Boy Toy's Toy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Jeep GC Overland, 2010 Dodge Charger R/T, 1999 Jeep GC Laredo, Boeing F/A-18E Super Hornet
The build sheet you posted has body colored fender flares as a checked option from what I can see. Seems like a discrepancy so hopefully you get what you ordered. I can imagine errors could occur for such a quick turn around. When your Gladiator shows up be sure to post pictures we would all love to see it.
Yeah that was a change, which is ok with me cause I wanted body color fender flares in the first place. I made it known and I don’t know if they got that changed for me or it just happened. Regardless I am happy.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If it’s a dealer spec one I can def’n see you getting it before a lot of people. Good luck, will def’n be watching for pics. My dealer was ready to take my money but was not able to tell me when specifically my order would be placed. In Canada we only have the MSRP, still don’t even have options pricing so it’s all guessing as to how much one will cost.

Here is my official build sheet. I have redacted the VIN and VOC for my own purposes, call me a little paranoid but I am married to a lawyer and she makes me worried about things like that.
Glad Build.jpg

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
They have no idea what I do, or what my wife does. All I did was ask the right questions, continue asking questions, and kept pestering them with questions until they finally gave me what I wanted.
I am not accusing you of cat fishing the dealer. I am skeptical that you for some reason are cat fishing us.

Reactions: JP1

Graiden

First Name
jtle44
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
We have known that they were making dealer allocations since last month. There are certain dealers who have let’s call it status with fca that can get their trucks first. We have seen them on shipping trucks. How is it so hard to believe he is getting one?
Do this ... start a chat with FCA and ask them yourself ... let me know how it goes. And just FYI, let’s say it’s legit ... which we will never know ... based on what FCA is saying would be in direct violation of what the pre spec trucks are for ... demo only. :) therefore, dealerships are not follow the guidelines from the manufacturer.

... Hope the guy/girl enjoys his/her 2 door Jeep Wrangler Sahara.

Sponsored

Graiden

First Name
jtle44
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Agreed. Would love to see it either way.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Do this ... start a chat with FCA and ask them yourself ... let me know how it goes. And just FYI, let’s say it’s legit ... which we will never know ... based on what FCA is saying would be in direct violation of what the pre spec trucks are for ... demo only. :) therefore, dealerships are not follow the guidelines from the manufacturer.

Who said that the pre spec are for demos only. Also the fca chat that you keep referring to is just a call center of temps that know nothing. Hell they publicly said that the Jeep email that we all got was a hack and fraudulent.

Graiden

First Name
jtle44
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant

Who said that the pre spec are for demos only. Also the fca chat that you keep referring to is just a call center of temps that know nothing. Hell they publicly said that the Jeep email that we all got was a hack and fraudulent.
Every dealership I have called has said they couldn’t sell any pre spec ... or did they mean that? ... unless $$$ dollar dollars bills y’all. So it just appears that if u open ur check book the dealership will risk it

Look I’m happy for the guy, if it’s true. We will never know. Just wish FCA would come out and tell us the truth. At this point it will be impossible to believe tho.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Every dealership I have called has said they couldn’t sell any pre spec ... or did they mean that? ... unless $$$ dollar dollars bills y’all. So it just appears that if u open ur check book the dealership will risk it

Look I’m happy for the guy, if it’s true. We will never know. Just wish FCA would come out and tell us the truth. At this point it will be impossible to believe tho.
There is a difference between pre specs and demo units. What they are referring to is demo units. If you have been here since before Monday and been following along you would have heard that chatter indicates that they will start showing up on lots for sale this month. Dealers have no choice over what fca ships them on a new launch. Their goal is to pump out trucks and get them to the dealer lots. Like I said before some dealers have agreements based on history and sales that they can have them exclusive in their area for a month. People don’t want to hear that they are going to be on lots before LE units are but unfortunately they have been building pre spec units for almost a month now and haven’t started on the LEs yet. Maybe the black wheels are back ordered, maybe the 1 or 4190 piece of plastic is still in China? Maybe this was FCAs plan all along.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Also my ship date has slid right, this is news to me. Was told the 12th and shown the expected shipping sheet for the dealer. Honestly I am not surprised since it is a brand new vehicle and trying to coordinate sending vehicles nationwide is no easy task.
Great build!
Sponsored