Sponsored

Walk-around of a Gladiator with the launch edition wheels!

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Brake rotors are made from very hard cast iron. They are VERY prone to rust. If you have ever owned a cast iron skillet and mistakenly did not dry it after washing you know EXACTLY what im talking about lmao! At my dealership, the used cars will have rust covered rotors within 2 weeks at the most. After hitting the brakes a couple of times the brake pads clean it right off. It is just surface rust and will not impact the performance or longevity unless it sits for a LONGGGG time. Even people who drive their cars seasonally do not experience issues from it. No worries there! Hope this helped.
Sponsored

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
I don't think it has moved? check your photo and see if its in the same spot.
I really don’t think it moved. Although this is a little different angle, you can see rims are in the exact same position.

0BBE238B-27F0-44FB-8AC4-3839FAE16332.jpeg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Sponsored

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL rubicon.
It’s mind boggling that this was even made an issue lol and No disrespect to anyone but Its kinda common sense that when a vehicle sits for a long period of time the disc breaks are gonna develop a layer of rust. Clearly this is a display vehicle at the plant and probably hasn’t been driven at all. No recall issues here with the breaks people haha
Sponsored