Sponsored

Gladiator Rubicon VS Colorado ZR2 Bison comparison at Moab (TFL)

Circuitous

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Floater
TFL's New Video in Moab with the two battling it out.
Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
I think this video just proves that the better value Gladiator would be the Sport S with max towing and LSD. If you are buying a Gladiator for serious offroading, just get the Wrangler Rubicon. I dont see many Gladiators rock crawling in the future.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I think this video just proves that the better value Gladiator would be the Sport S with max towing and LSD. If you are buying a Gladiator for serious offroading, just get the Wrangler Rubicon. I dont see many Gladiators rock crawling in the future.
The Gladiator didn’t do bad though, dragging a tow receiver isn’t too bad. And tbh lots of owners will add a lift and 37s on these and it’s relatively easy and cheap to do and that will have them at a very capable off-road rig. All of the competitors doing a lift too make 37s is serious work.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
The Gladiator didn’t do bad though, dragging a tow receiver isn’t too bad. And tbh lots of owners will add a lift and 37s on these and it’s relatively easy and cheap to do and that will have them at a very capable off-road rig. All of the competitors doing a lift too make 37s is serious work.
I want the Gladiator to succeed and wipe the floor with its competitors. Im getting one. However, everything I have researched regarding reliably running 37s on Dana 44s, you simply cannot just lift and add 37s. If JLURs running 37s still need to beef up (prevention) / replace (premature wear) front steering components over a short period of time, I think circumstances with the Gladiator would be even worse due to its heavier curb weight.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I guess it comes down what wheel and tires you run, the weight and how complete of a suspension kit you run. Just remember AEV would run 37” KO2s or KM2s on their JK builds with no regear and no axle work. It would be running their complete suspension system but they could beat on it, and it would stand up to the abuse.

I ran 37” K02s and an AEV 4.5” suspension as well with zero axle work.

It comes to weight and abuse and what you use your rig for. My buddy has been running 37” Toyo MTs on his JLUR for 40k already and no issues.

The Dana 44 can be very reliable on 37s and your smart about it.

I want the Gladiator to succeed and wipe the floor with its competitors. Im getting one. However, everything I have researched regarding reliably running 37s on Dana 44s, you simply cannot just lift and add 37s. If JLURs running 37s still need to beef up (prevention) / replace (premature wear) front steering components over a short period of time, I think circumstances with the Gladiator would be even worse due to its heavier curb weight.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I was surprised at the Bison’s front bumper plowing several times....

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Why were the running lights flickering on the JT? I don't think it was just the way the were bouncing on the camera? I have seen this is a few other videos as well.

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Why were the running lights flickering on the JT? I don't think it was just the way the were bouncing on the camera? I have seen this is a few other videos as well.
LED lights always flicker on videos...I'm no AV tech but I do know it has something to do with the camera's ability to record and play back the LED lights (i.e., it's not something wrong with the Jeep, it's just a camera thing).

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
LED lights always flicker on videos...I'm no AV tech but I do know it has something to do with the camera's ability to record and play back the LED lights (i.e., it's not something wrong with the Jeep, it's just a camera thing).
Does that mean its not noticeable in person?

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
It reveals FCA's 'Subliminal Messaging' technology that make Jeepers pay extravagant prices for their products -

MOAR.PNG

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Realistically, nearly everyone who will off-road a Gladiator will be on much larger tires. That will make all the difference. A Bison is mostly at its limit already.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
ZR2 Bison looks like a real competitor until you find out it only has 31" tires and cost a ton as well as be too top heavy for 35s because of the tiny wheel wells.

Gladiator (Rubi) can handle 35s from factory and 37s with just a 2.5" lift. Sure larger tires are not everything but can't deny it is the best bang for the off roading buck.

Also was a winner picked?!? End of clip kind of just trailed off... title is misleading...lol.

Last edited: