Sponsored

Scrambler (JT) 2 door/Extended cab

Should the Scrambler lineup inlcude:

• Total voters

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
All the comments are positive also. This is going to happen I know it. They can’t turn down a gold mine like this opportunity. Can you imagine the Diesel engine in the 2 door JTR?
giphy.gif

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I've got nothing against them making a 2 door, but for them to get this anywhere near the towing/payload capability of the 4 door it will need to be at minimum an extended cab.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I've got nothing against them making a 2 door, but for them to get this anywhere near the towing/payload capability of the 4 door it will need to be at minimum an extended cab.
Why?

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Because that is built on a JLU frame which maxes out at 3500lbs towing, payload might be close because of weight removed getting rid of back seat and full top. The longer wheelbase is one of the factors in the higher towing capacity on the Gladiator.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
That's why I think the JT frame will be modified to produce a two door or an extended cab or potentially both.

I firmly believe Jeep is going to make other variations off the base theme of the Gladiator. There's no way they invested the money they did (billions invested in design development, engineering, reconfiguration of the old JK line, retooling) in the Gladiator to produce just one, single model of a truck.

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep needs to move on from this strict mind set of crew cab, lifestyle trucks and expand their success by offering a well-rounded lineup of trucks with varying cab/bed configurations. They also need to take profitable advantage of their heritage and build other variants like the crew chief, the FC, the Honcho and others...

George D.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
Jeep needs to move on from this strict mind set of crew cab, lifestyle trucks and expand their success by offering a well-rounded lineup of trucks with varying cab/bed configurations. They also need to take profitable advantage of their heritage and build other variants like the crew chief, the FC, the Honcho and others...
I would be the first to purchase a two door.......as long as there are 2 doors in the back!

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
All the comments are positive also. This is going to happen I know it. They can’t turn down a gold mine like this opportunity. Can you imagine the Diesel engine in the 2 door JTR?
Are you sure the 2 Door Wrangler is even getting the Diesel? I though I read something a while back that it was going to be 4 door only due to the need for added length with the trans.

Sponsored

Limamikemike

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Powerwagon
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I'm going to go one step further.

I'm going to buy one of the first 2 door Gladiators to come out.

AND...

I'm going to be the first one to take it AEV and get them to stretch it into a 4 door!

;)

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Are you sure the 2 Door Wrangler is even getting the Diesel? I though I read something a while back that it was going to be 4 door only due to the need for added length with the trans.
2 door isn't supposed to get the diesel, though I think it had more to do with space for the diesel specific additions, like the DEF tank. Not enough room under the 2 door.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
2 door isn't supposed to get the diesel, though I think it had more to do with space for the diesel specific additions, like the DEF tank. Not enough room under the 2 door.
Yea thats it. I remember reading a while back that the 2 door didnt have the length needed for the diesel but couldnt remember exactly what components didnt fit.

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude its a concept. I don't think there has ever been a single concept showing at EJS that went into production.
Here's a direct quote from the boys at "TFL (the fast lane) Truck" website:

"Journalists begged Jeep to build the J6. The Jeep J6 concept is, by far, their most popular vehicle at this year’s Easter Jeep Safari."

They were in attendance at Moab last weekend and saw the vehicles first- hand and they drove each one. Regardless of what naysayers are spouting - I firmly believe the longer bed, alternative cab configurations ARE HAPPENING. There just too much enthusiasm in the market for Jeep to ignore!

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
Here's a direct quote from the boys at "TFL (the fast lane) Truck" website:

"Journalists begged Jeep to build the J6. The Jeep J6 concept is, by far, their most popular vehicle at this year’s Easter Jeep Safari."

They were in attendance at Moab last weekend and saw the vehicles first- hand and they drove each one. Regardless of what naysayers are spouting - I firmly believe the longer bed, alternative cab configurations ARE HAPPENING. There just too much enthusiasm in the market for Jeep to ignore!
Agreed. It’s a matter of when it will happen at this point. Pretty exciting
Sponsored