Sponsored

Did Jeep intentionally mislead on launch edition?

Brandon W. Snyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be: Gladiator Launch Edition, Rubicon Recon, 02 Wrangler
Occupation
Law Enforcement (Deputy) Veteran
Jesus Christmas tree this is getting emotional in here! Wtf guys :/
Sponsored

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite JTLE Ordered, switched to the dark(er) side: Black JTLE
Same...

" I apologize for annoying anyone with my comments and please know that I understand what u and everyone else is saying. I was/am only giving insight for the other side."

We all have different opinions and backgrounds. It is good to hear them all.
I can honestly say that @Dietruck has kept me grounded through the waiting process. I’ve stopped incessantly checking the forum or bothering FCA chat. You know I’m still hopeful though! :LOL:

The production line is still a mystery to me, but Jeeps are different than airplanes. I also never felt mislead, either. Although my unwillingness to accept how the trucks come off the line could have been seen as such. Even if Travis hadn’t posted the inside scoop, Jeep never once alluded to when the LE would hit the streets, or that it would be the first model to be driven by general customers. “Launch Edition” by itself could be interpreted one way or the other, but Jeep didn’t reinforce any meaning behind it. I do think there could have been other ways this launch played out; we’ll never know.

As far as FCA’s intent with the LE, I don’t think I’d go so far to say we should be thankful. My opinion on it is that they were still unsure of how the JT would be received by the media/consumers and wanted to have a market share barometer ready to give them an idea of potential sales. On the other hand, taking into account they’re a company and not a charity, there are a few videos on YouTube where the Jeep execs wholeheartedly explain that the JT was first and foremost made for Jeep enthusiasts who have been waiting for the JT. They go on to say it was produced with those folks in mind and not to blend in with every other truck out there. I guess I’d say I respect them for offering the JT to the target market and I can 100% say I do appreciate them for making the Gladiator (and that the midsize truck market has grown to support it).

Brandon W. Snyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be: Gladiator Launch Edition, Rubicon Recon, 02 Wrangler
Occupation
Law Enforcement (Deputy) Veteran

Sponsored

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
First, why is there speculation that “tons of regular JT’s” will be on the roads first and all you LE folks will still be waiting? Order banks won’t open until May for us non LE folk.....

Second, all the Rubicons you see people saying they got delivered were FCA employees (management/executive) offerings. They get first dibs on a specific configured model and there’s a specific qty available. It was an internal offering only.

Third, Limited Edition doesn’t mean 1st built Edition. It only means we will not see the special features and badging ever again. If your not 1 of the 4190 built.

All in all you LE buyers will have a special model and will be driving it on the streets well before any of us common JT purchasers will.
Isn’t it labeled LE for “launch edition”??

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
If anyone is surprised or disappointed, it’s because they didn’t ask before they ordered. Probably the same people who didn’t even question pricing and just ordered a vehicle without negotiating price before signing a purchase agreement.

I spoke with Kent @ Peterson on 4/2. He said the LEs wouldn’t be delivered until as late as August. There was a good chance a regular order could arrive before an LE (depending on when regular order bank opened sometime in May). He also said they would likely have pre-spec builds before the LEs. So far, everything is playing out just like he said before the 4/3 LE early order date. So no I don’t feel misled because I asked before I bought.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
If anyone is surprised or disappointed, it’s because they didn’t ask before they ordered. Probably the same people who didn’t even question pricing and just ordered a vehicle without negotiating price before signing a purchase agreement.

I spoke with Kent @ Peterson on 4/2. He said the LEs wouldn’t be delivered until as late as August. There was a good chance a regular order could arrive before an LE (depending on when regular order bank opened sometime in May). He also said they would likely have pre-spec builds before the LEs. So far, everything is playing out just like he said before the 4/3 LE early order date. So no I don’t feel misled because I asked before I bought.
August is still very early, considering it’s a 2020 MY vehicle. I don’t feel mislead at all. I think the timing for all this is right. Normally for a new model
Year, production doesn’t start until October. So, yeah, we’re still early birds. This isn’t directed towards you, but we all need to have some perspective, and stay yen. ;0)

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
So, I have been reading the posts of many disappointed prospective LE purchasers as they find out they may not get their orders for some time. To add insult to injury they are finding that the dealer spec orders and other regular orders may come in long before their "Launch Edition" orders that Jeep opened on April 4th. In fact they may not get theirs until as late as August.

My question is, did Jeep intentionally mislead on these supposedly Launch Edition orders in order to sell fully loaded high price Rubicon models at $62,310 msrp making lots of money in the process? I didn't think this at first but now I think Jeep may have intentionally mislead purchasers on these orders. I mean seriously, it only stands to reason that if you get a "Launch Edition" you would be the first kid on the block to get yours, you know as in when it is launched!
Did you order an LE?

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
No, the launch is an order per say to get your JT. The rest of us still do not have an exact date when we can order. It could be the end of this month, early next month, or perhaps mid-may. Simply put, those with LE orders are in and have VINs assigned. There will be a few allocated to dealers but buyers will not have their choice of options and colors. The dealers will get what FCA gives them. Personally, I'd prefer to have some of the production line kinks worked out in the first 5 to 10k units built. Seems like with the mass automation it takes a bit to get the sealant, welds, and assembly routine down.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Place me in the camp of those who do not feel mislead.

The Launch Edition is a "limited Edition" model. From the beginning this was a contest. It was a contest to have an opportunity to attain a Gladiator with some unique characteristics versus the others. That's it. There were no agreements made or terms and conditions on when the vehicle would be built and/or delivered.

Many of whom went for the Gladiator LE, did so for various reasons. For me, it was because I was going to order a Gladiator Rubicon, anyways, so when the opportunity came up for an LE, I went for it.

Would I be upset if someone in my state receives their non LE Gladiator prior to me? Nope, not at all. Kudos to them and I'd wish them the best of luck.

Those of us who went for the LE took a chance. We purchased something site unseen and wanted something that made their vehicle just a tad different (from factory). I say be patient as this isn't something that happens a lot, be happy, because you're are one of the 4190, and remember on delivery day, that will be a very special day you won't soon forget!

BSingleton

First Name
Brian Singleton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep LE Gladiator (ordered) 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
Place me in the camp of those who do not feel mislead.

The Launch Edition is a "limited Edition" model. From the beginning this was a contest. It was a contest to have an opportunity to attain a Gladiator with some unique characteristics versus the others. That's it. There were no agreements made or terms and conditions on when the vehicle would be built and/or delivered.

Many of whom went for the Gladiator LE, did so for various reasons. For me, it was because I was going to order a Gladiator Rubicon, anyways, so when the opportunity came up for an LE, I went for it.

Would I be upset if someone in my state receives their non LE Gladiator prior to me? Nope, not at all. Kudos to them and I'd wish them the best of luck.

Those of us who went for the LE took a chance. We purchased something site unseen and wanted something that made their vehicle just a tad different (from factory). I say be patient as this isn't something that happens a lot, be happy, because you're are one of the 4190, and remember on delivery day, that will be a very special day you won't soon forget!
100% agree.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
I don't feel misled at all. I agree with what Adawg said and tbh I was even willing to pay a lil extra for the LE and I am super happy that I am paying below Invoice... I have waited for 2 years for this truck so I don't mind waiting another 2 months LOL
Sponsored