Sponsored

Regret ordering if 2-Door Gladiator possible?

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
The conversion kit would be for a JLU, since that's what the J6 is built on. By the time such a hypothetical kit would be released, a used JLU + $10k kit would still be less than a brand new Gladiator Sport.
Then it wouldn't have any of the advantages of being a JT - crappy tow rating, nonexistent payload. Plus, by the time you had it installed, painted, and finished your $10k kit would add $25-40k to your used JL, just like the AEV Brute.

There's a reason that Brutes run $80k+...
Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Then it wouldn't have any of the advantages of being a JT - crappy tow rating, nonexistent payload. Plus, by the time you had it installed, painted, and finished your $10k kit would add $25-40k to your used JL, just like the AEV Brute.

There's a reason that Brutes run $80k+...
1,300lb payload and 3,500 towing is enough for my weekend toy needs. Maybe an upgraded suspension as part of this kit could bump those numbers?

Brutes and JK8 conversions were so expensive because they had to fabricate everything from scratch. With this you could literally just toss on a Gladiator bed and use a lot of the parts Jeep is already producing. The only big metal fabrication needed would be to close out the cab behind the seats (and again, could even re-use the trim from behind the Gladiator's rear seats on the inside), and likely a custom/chopped hard top.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Basically the same concept as the original Brute, maybe they can get their panties unbunched & bring it to market.
Truck like that would serve Completely different needs vs the Gladiator.
Is it wrong that I would like to have BOTH? :blush:

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Basically the same concept as the original Brute, maybe they can get their panties unbunched & bring it to market.
Truck like that would serve Completely different needs vs the Gladiator.
Is it wrong that I would like to have BOTH? :blush:
No, both are very awesome looking trucks!!!! Why have one when you could have two!!! LOL!!!

Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
As someone who has argued for the 2 door or extended cab Jeep truck for nearly 15 years I have a message for all the crew cab naysayers:

JEEP IS GOING TO BUILD THE J6!

Period. End of story.

Last edited:

JeepNNJ

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Jeep TJ '22 Gladiator
Occupation
Chemist
i was waiting for a 2 door, extra cab, 6' bed Gladiator, but when the frame rusted out on my '97 TJ, i bought the 4 door. Now with my grandson, i'm happy with the 4 door.
I luv the look of the 2 door!
Sponsored