Sponsored

Manual Trans with 4.10's?

WRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
The only way to get a manual transmission, and the 4.10 axle gear is to order a Rubicon? Is that correct?
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yes I think that is correct because the Max Towing Group isn't available with manual transmission.

OP
OP

WRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
It looks like the only difference between the Trailer Tow package and the Max tow package are the automatic and 4.10's. I really enjoy the 4.10's and manual in the JKU, but I guess the 3.73's wont be too much different.

At 75 mph, it'll be a difference of about 210 rpm's on stock tires. I guess I shouldn't worry about it

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Well, there are two main things you get with the Max Towing Group. 1) wide track axles = more stability while towing large loads. 2) A greater GCWR stamped on the door placard which is what makes it legal to tow that 7,650 lb. figure they're advertising.

It really just depends on exactly what you plan to use the truck for. If you're not going to be towing then yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. The 3.73s will be fine as you noted. You can't even see that amount of RPM difference on the tachometer.

hoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Well, there are two main things you get with the Max Towing Group. 1) wide track axles = more stability while towing large loads. 2) A greater GCWR stamped on the door placard which is what makes it legal to tow that 7,650 lb. figure they're advertising.

It really just depends on exactly what you plan to use the truck for. If you're not going to be towing then yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. The 3.73s will be fine as you noted. You can't even see that amount of RPM difference on the tachometer.
I believe you get the wide Dana 44's with the Rubicon. So if he gets the Rubicon with manual, I think the only difference is the GCWR.
Sponsored