Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
I can vouch for both Kent and Travis. Spoke to them both and got great info and quick responses. Went with Kent as he's closest to me in OR.
Kent is busy, busy. We’ve our VON/VIN for the LE JT and received an awesome deal.

When we ordered our JLR from Kent last year he went dark but we had our VON and then our VIN. At first I’m like, “did we just donate $1k to an internet scam?” Turns out the VIN is all you need. Then you get a call from Kent telling you that it arrived at the dealership.

If you’re not getting instant call backs or email know that is SOP. Kent is managing not only JT orders but also JL and walk ins. For the $ saved it’s a very small annoyance...
Sponsored

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Kent is busy, busy. We’ve our VON/VIN for the LE JT and received an awesome deal.

When we ordered our JLR from Kent last year he went dark but we had our VON and then our VIN. At first I’m like, “did we just donate $1k to an internet scam?” Turns out the VIN is all you need. Then you get a call from Kent telling you that it arrived at the dealership.

If you’re not getting instant call backs or email know that is SOP. Kent is managing not only JT orders but also JL and walk ins. For the $ saved it’s a very small annoyance...

I totally understand. Easy to forget people doing business with customers in the dealership too

OP
OP
kayakmike

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
OK. Just got a message from Jeep concergie team (5/3/19 2:54PM PDT).

“Hi this message is for _⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_ My name is Arethea from the Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition support team. I'm sorry I missed you. The purpose of our call is to thank you for your online submission and help direct you to your dealer up to finalize the order and process. Due to the high demand, short supply of the Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, we encourage you to connect to your dealership within 48 hours. Thank you very much for your interest in the Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator.”

Just another example of how screwed up this LE is. Obviously they still have LEs available. Why they are calling me after I ordered one a month ago I don't have a clue.

Didn't Jeep put out a news release saying they sold all the LEs? Didn't these orders close out a month ago? Why is Jeep still offering them if they really did sell out?
I did speak with Kent today (first time since I placed my LE order a month ago). Just wanted to ensure my order was still good after getting this call. His voicemail was full, and the when I called directly to the dealer they just forwarded me to the same full mailbox. Sent him an e-mail and got back with me about an hour later. He did have a few choice words about some of the ordering challenges but they are working through them.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I am also getting ghosted. Makes no sense.
also got ghosted with PMs even after I was the one that started
I am also getting ghosted. Makes no sense.
Don't feel bad, i too have been gosted with PMs from here and Travis, but he replied to my email pretty quick. And I started this thread,
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/up-to-7-off-invoice-in-nc.14418/ before he was a site sponser, it has 13 pages and thousands of views. The guy is probably just busy busy busy.

Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Kent had Derik in parts call me on my request. I wanted to know if Peterson gives a credit for the factory tires and wheels if I swap them at the dealer. The answer is yes, they give a credit for your wheels and tires. Derik is working up a quote for me.

He also mentioned a few interesting things. One was that a current JL buyer has them building a dream rig and part of the build involves the local Katzkin installer dying all of the red Rubicon stitching in the cab to black. Sounded like it'll be more expensive than just ordering dark saddle leather from the factory and then throwing out the seat covers and having custom leather fitted by Katzkin, so I won't be bothering with that.

He also told me that he has one Mopar lift kit in stock and six more on the way. Peterson sold their only spec Gladiator and are giving right of first refusal for the lift to that buyer, but they're taking names for a waiting list. Got myself on the list. I'd recommend calling Derik if you want to pick your truck up with some work already done. Will update once I have a quote in hand.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can vouch for both Kent and Travis. Spoke to them both and got great info and quick responses. Went with Kent as he's closest to me in OR.
I don't know if you have had a chance to see/drive one but they have one up here at Dick's Country CJDR in Hillsboro,OR. I also have one coming from Kent though.

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
This past Saturday morning I woke up and checked emails. No email update from Kent. Starting thinking “Hmmm...no VIN # yet...it’s been 2 business weeks...need to check-in with Kent again for an update.”

So I pulled up my last message from Kent with my order summary and VON #.

And realized it had only been ***4 days*** since I placed my order. LOL.

If 4 days felt like 2 weeks, then this is going to be an excruciatingly long and painful wait!

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This past Saturday morning I woke up and checked emails. No email update from Kent. Starting thinking “Hmmm...no VIN # yet...it’s been 2 business weeks...need to check-in with Kent again for an update.”

If 4 days felt like 2 weeks, then this is going to be an excruciatingly long and painful wait!
I'm dying man. Never done this before and it's excruciating to wait once you've ordered. It's hard to not start looking at local inventory and debating whether you still want to wait for your order. My brother ordered a similar build the same day as me and he's got a 6/1 ship date while I'm still in D status. I just need a hobby, but the problem is Jeeps are my hobby.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Message Jeep chat on Monday. You might have a vin and not know it. I got a VIN 4ish days later (according to Jeep chat) after the VON, but didn't know it because Kent didn't tell me. Just found out yesterday.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Message Jeep chat on Monday. You might have a vin and not know it. I got a VIN 4ish days later (according to Jeep chat) after the VON, but didn't know it because Kent didn't tell me. Just found out yesterday.
Yeah Kent seems hit or miss on the communication. He did tell me and my brother when we got VINs (4 days after ordering) but we only learned about the ship date because I bugged for an update. I forgot the chat is unavailable on Sundays so I managed to bum myself out again this morning.

OP
OP
kayakmike

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

So I ordered my Granite LE from Kent on 4/4. Still no VIN. So don't complain about 4 days.:CWL:

I did get to test drive & climb around one Friday, so I'm a little more relaxed now. Still want mine.
Sponsored