Some Mopar Accessories Now Available Online for Gladiator

ClawSS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra, 2010 Camaro. 2009 300C SRT8, 2004 Silverado
Looking at the installation instructions... It looks like the fully open positioning is still taking up a lot of the bed length.

I was hoping that once folded up, it could then go up and lay against the back of the rear glass to open the bed up more? I really like the look and functionality of the hard cap but to me it seems like it takes up too much of the front of the bed to be able to fit anything? A large box, bike, etc.

Basically eliminating a couple feet of an already short bed
I did exactly the same thing...I went to the .pdf for install and saw the hard cover did not lay back against the back window. It is just a double fold unlike the triple fold hard cover I have on my '15 Sierra. This is sad. I have folded my current cover up quite a few times to get access to the whole bed. Losing a foot or two on this 5 footer will really be annoying.

"The front panel also opens for easy access to cargo stored in the front of the bed."

I guess you have to "reverse-flip" the front.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I did exactly the same thing...I went to the .pdf for install and saw the hard cover did not lay back against the back window. It is just a double fold unlike the triple fold hard cover I have on my '15 Sierra. This is sad. I have folded my current cover up quite a few times to get access to the whole bed. Losing a foot or two on this 5 footer will really be annoying.

"The front panel also opens for easy access to cargo stored in the front of the bed."

I guess you have to "reverse-flip the front.
I can't tell from the instructions - but maybe the whole thing is easily removable... and then if you want it all open, you can throw the panels somewhere. Which defeats their purpose... but... yea....

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Electric Locker Harness Kit - 77072413
https://dev.smartdealer.com/mopar_accessories_isheet/K6862655.PDF

An interesting item for sure, with the factory aux switches and some swapped in D44E axles you can now have lockers in a non-rubicon or you are froggy, on demand lockers regardless of range in a rubicon.
Im leaning towards Sport S with the max tow package, (rubi axles, 4.10) +trac-lok diff. Add these lockers and that is plenty off-road goodness for me (even without the unlocking sway bars.)

Gshaw34

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Had anyone been able to order the soft Tonneau cover. I need to get one before my son's hockey tournament in June.

Also need to get a bed liner but someone in the post suggested a rubber mat. Any input about a mat would be great. I was going to get a rhino liner but the place in the town I work stopped doing it. The closest place is now 45 mins away or further. Which stinks cause I would of dropped off the Jeep took an Uber to work down the road and then picked it up later. Now I need to figure out a plan.

Thanks everyone for your input

TAHOE2020

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I just looked over the pdf of the installation instructions and it does not look like you must have the trail rail system in order to mount this hard tonneau cover. If that’s true then it looks like you could install this cover on a base Sport model. As most know per the build and price tool you can’t order the trail rail system on a base Sport model. Nice looking cover. And the best part of this is that you should be able to include it with your order and roll the price into the financed amount and have it included in your factory or extended warranty.
I ordered a Sport and requested a cover and told me no availability

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Regarding a rubber mat I can’t help but wonder if Mopar might come out with one. Am certain that aftermarket companies will be coming out with them as soon as they can get their hands on a Gladiator. In the meantime just grab a small section of some junk carpet and cut it out to fit your bed as a short time hockey solution.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I ordered a Sport and requested a cover and told me no availability
Oops!! Go aftermarket then. Will take some time before they became available as aftermarket companies need to get their hands on these trucks so they can develop such covers. And FYI just yesterday I saw 2 Gladiators, one with a trail rail system and the other one without it. There’s nuts welded behind the front bed wall so they can bolt the rails to a truck. Am wondering if a Jeep parts department may soon be able to order the rails. If they can then I bet you could then order the tonneau cover for a Sport S, Overland or Rubicon and then install it using those rails. I would be almost be willing to bet a chilly beer that it could be done if you could in fact order the rails. If not then you will just have to go the aftermarket route. May be better and less expensive.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Regarding a rubber mat I can’t help but wonder if Mopar might come out with one. Am certain that aftermarket companies will be coming out with them as soon as they can get their hands on a Gladiator. In the meantime just grab a small section of some junk carpet and cut it out to fit your bed as a short time hockey solution.
I have always bought one from a local truck store and then cut it to fit my truck beds if they were different from vehicle to vehicle.

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
What bed cover comes on the launch edition ?

Soft or hard ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
kayakmike

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
What bed cover comes on the launch edition ?

Soft or hard ?
Neither. From the factory it's a roll up soft tonneau cover. Different from both the hard & soft tri-fold tonneau covers on the Mopar site.

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 8.05.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 8.07.26 PM.png

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Neither. From the factory it's a roll up soft tonneau cover. Different from both the hard & soft tri-fold tonneau covers on the Mopar site.

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 8.05.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 8.07.26 PM.png
I didn't realize that the soft was not the rollup one. Interesting.
It looks like the soft and the hard function exactly the same... am i seeing that correctly?

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ