Sponsored

Official "Battle of the Gladiators" Plywood photo contest! this was inevitable

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
A266E257-AD89-4410-B1DA-29DD3C6C138C.jpeg
43F9A395-7B15-4E88-9824-867802AC585A.jpeg
A9EB0373-96CC-4779-B204-19BA2DDE1EED.jpeg
Whenever someone does post a picture of plywood in the bed of a Gladiator please be certain to post an up close picture showing how the drivers side front corner of the bed so everyone can see if the plywood has to rest on the gas pipe buldge or if it sits on the little lip to the right of that pipe buldge.

Turkeyboy had a good picture of a lattice sheet but we really couldn’t not see the corner in question.
I think his picture clearly indicates it is not sitting on the gas pipe bulge. You can see in the picture where the gas pipe bulge takes a turn and the lattice is sitting 1-2 inches below that.
Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I think his picture clearly indicates it is not sitting on the gas pipe bulge. You can see in the picture where the gas pipe bulge takes a turn and the lattice is sitting 1-2 inches below that.
probably, but the lattice is already "NOTCHED" lmao

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
A60215E3-8052-4241-9A69-1EB740B19773.jpeg
5402A1E7-0323-477A-9036-2FDC7C109CB8.jpeg
Ok folks I now have an answer to the question. And Iron Wolfpack huge apologies. I incorrectly thought that the silver truck in top picture was a Gladiator. Now looking closer I can now see that it is not a Gladiator, my bad.

Earlier today I got a call from a local dealer to let me know that he just got 2 Gladiators in. I took a tape measure to the bed and a sheet of plywood will fit, will have to sit on the little lip beside the gas pipe buldge. And you really will have to put a piece of 2X4 across the wheel wells as plywood would just barely sit on the passenger side wheel well. And this is why you would really need to put a 2X4 across the bed over the wheel wells plus the supports that Jeep advised about in their bed loading instructions.
I posted this from another thread: possible bed problem with 4X8 plywood

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I posted this from another thread: possible bed problem with 4X8 plywood
i won't concede until I see one carrying plywood with the proper 2x4s, with tape measure, and a sanctioned representative from naply.com is there to tell me what my eyes tell me. =P

i dare you to go to naply.com, it'll blow your mind.

Rob_Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1992 Jeep Cherokee, 1947 Bantam T3-C Overland Expedition Trailer
Occupation
Video Host
We got our hands on a Gladiator here at Quadratec, so instead of simply taking a picture of some plywood in the bed, I thought we'd take it to a whole other level and we put together a step-by-step how-to video on how to measure, cut and install the 2x4's needed to haul plywood as well as setting the tailgate in the middle position! Hope you guys like it!

quadratec-gladiator-plywood-1.JPG
quadratec-gladiator-plywood-2.jpg
quadratec-gladiator-plywood-3.JPG
quadratec-gladiator-plywood-boards.JPG

Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
@steffen707 There has to be some sort of Golden Plywood Vendor Award for this!! #quadratecrocksplywood #quadratec

Totally Awesome!!!
Wow @Rob_Quadratec just out did everyone lol

I don’t feel so bad losing to you Rob. The video was an extra nice touch.

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5cd4a5ae6c37763151e1bf1e&rid=giphy.gif

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Good report Rob. And for everyone’s info when I looked at 2 Gladiators yesterday I noticed that the 2 plastic tabs were made of some heavy duty plastic, nothing flimsy. Not only that but they were very well designed. As Rob mentioned you really must make certain that the cables are firmly and properly placed behind the plastic stops. And for normal opening and closing of the tailgate once you have the cables placed in a normal mode they easily and properly fall into place when you shut the tailgate. I was really impressed by the design and function of the tailgate.

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
We got our hands on a Gladiator here at Quadratec, so instead of simply taking a picture of some plywood in the bed, I thought we'd take it to a whole other level and we put together a step-by-step how-to video on how to measure, cut and install the 2x4's needed to haul plywood as well as setting the tailgate in the middle position! Hope you guys like it!

quadratec-gladiator-plywood-1.JPG
quadratec-gladiator-plywood-2.jpg
quadratec-gladiator-plywood-3.JPG
quadratec-gladiator-plywood-boards.JPG
Are Corporate Sponsorships even allowed?
I DECLARE SHENANIGANS!!! :CWL:

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-

Who was also excited thinking he was going to use the bed power plug for the saw....Then I saw it was cordless. LoL.

Now soon you won’t need to cut your own 2x4’s and we’ll have something to slide into those slots (plastic or something).

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@steffen707 There has to be some sort of Golden Plywood Vendor Award for this!! #quadratecrocksplywood #quadratec

Totally Awesome!!!
Please read below for details.

Wow @Rob_Quadratec just out did everyone lol

I don’t feel so bad losing to you Rob. The video was an extra nice touch.

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5cd4a5ae6c37763151e1bf1e&rid=giphy.gif
Very nice touch, but keep reading.

Good report Rob. And for everyone’s info when I looked at 2 Gladiators yesterday I noticed that the 2 plastic tabs were made of some heavy duty plastic, nothing flimsy. Not only that but they were very well designed. As Rob mentioned you really must make certain that the cables are firmly and properly placed behind the plastic stops. And for normal opening and closing of the tailgate once you have the cables placed in a normal mode they easily and properly fall into place when you shut the tailgate. I was really impressed by the design and function of the tailgate.
Jake from State Farm, you approve of this? The only notching he did was to the 2x4, he didn't even measure the fuel filler buldge.

I feel like @steffen707 is passed out somewhere from the euphoria...
Some of us work, sometimes @ralphjjr

Are Corporate Sponsorships even allowed?

I DECLARE SHENANIGANS!!!
Jeep Gladiator Official "Battle of the Gladiators" Plywood photo contest! this was inevitable {filename}
The rules don't say anything about no corporate sponsorships for this challenge, HOWEVER..........................

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Official "Battle of the Gladiators" Plywood photo contest! this was inevitable {filename}
@Rob_Quadratec, where to begin. Lets go with the Praise Sandwich, good-bad-good.

The Good:

Thank you thank you for listening to our community. We've been dying to know about the capabilities of the mighty JT and all its plywoodability. This video was EPIC my friend, and you will be rewarded (not by millions of facebook views) but rewarded none the less! Great use of the speed square and diablo (framing i'm assuming) circular saw blade. You help the people learn the ways of cutting our fellow 2x4 friends and maybe someday ripping full sheets of PLYWOOD in straight lines with clamps and another 2x4!

The bad:

As king of the plywood club i need to points out some issues.

• Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under the first post of this thread it states quite clearly that submissions need to be for YOUR OR THEIR Gladiators. It's all there! Black and white, clear as crystal! YOU BORROWED THIS GLADIATOR! You didn't notch both edges of the 2x4 and you failed to give the final width of the rear most 2x4s, so you get... NOTHING!!! You lose! GOOD DAY, SIR!

The Good:

While I am a "by the book" King, I shall grant you the title of, "Sir. Robert of Plywood". May everybody buy your products and may you continue to be a wonderful sport on this forum! Dilly Dilly Sir Robert of Plywood! Dilly Dilly!

Sponsored