Request: Rubicon with non painted fenders / Black 3-piece hard top

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
I have scoured the forums but have not seen a Rubicon picture with just the standard fenders and regular black 3-piece freedom top. I am considering these options but really would hate for it to look odd. I have loved the body color painted look on the Rubicon thus far.

Any thoughts? Pics?
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I have scoured the forums but have not seen a Rubicon picture with just the standard fenders and regular black 3-piece freedom top. I am considering these options but really would hate for it to look odd. I have loved the body color painted look on the Rubicon thus far.

Any thoughts? Pics?
i'm considering that for my 2nd JT, provided that I get the first one first. lol

Gator rubicon with black fenders, then not sure if I go painted roof or black.

lilloco

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Jeep Comanche, 2002 Ford Excursion 7.3, 2008 Jeep WK 3.0crd
Occupation
Card-Player

Any thoughts? Pics?

Mine is billet with black expected ship date may 26th usually takes a week to arrive according to my dealer. If you dont find something before then I'll share some shots.
Meanwhile here is a pic of a sport s with the combo to look at....

20190510_174519.jpg

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Mine is billet with black expected ship date may 26th usually takes a week to arrive according to my dealer. If you dont find something before then I'll share some shots.
Meanwhile here is a pic of a sport s with the combo to look at....

20190510_174519.jpg
Sport wheels need help

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
I went billet silver with black top and black fenders. Spent a LOT of time on the JL forum looking at jeeps and trying to cover the back half of the top with my thumb.

My thought was to simply save the $1000 and use it on other features or upgrades. If I want to go painted later there is always a wrap job that can be put on the roof and fenders and it would also help protect against that Michigan pin striping.

and on top of that, I plan on getting the sunrider for hard top and I cant bring myself to like the contrast of a black section and painted on the roof.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
This is the one that convinced me to go with the black fenders and top. I must have studied it for at least 30 minutes before deciding. I was concerned about the black top being too hot, but I figured I can always remove the Freedom panels and crank the AC. This one had the insulated panels in the roof, and they were hot to the touch also. They would probably just retain heat longer, so I did not order those. In person, the black fenders look really nice. The one I ordered is a clone of this one...except for the tonneau

billet1.jpg
billet2.jpg

OP
OP
BlckJT

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
This is the one that convinced me to go with the black fenders and top. I must have studied it for at least 30 minutes before deciding. I was concerned about the black top being too hot, but I figured I can always remove the Freedom panels and crank the AC. This one had the insulated panels in the roof, and they were hot to the touch also. They would probably just retain heat longer, so I did not order those. In person, the black fenders look really nice. The one I ordered is a clone of this one...except for the tonneau

billet1.jpg
billet2.jpg
Excellent. Exactly what I was hoping to see!! Although I am going with a Black JT.

Sponsored

WarMouth

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TBSS, 22 JT Mojave
Yes thanks I want almost exactly that but Sting Grey instead of Billet!

Last edited:

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

billet1.jpg
billet2.jpg
Yes! I want the Firecracker Red with the black fenders/roof. I like that combo!

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

billet1.jpg
billet2.jpg
Pretty much exactly what I ordered before FCA said "No bumper of camera for you!"