First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
oh and I forgot to mention, I’ve already got some nice off-road tires ordered. That is the one place I think the Toyota is really lacking. They do it for milaege, but there is no place for street tires on a truck branded “off-road” imho.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
oh and I forgot to mention, I’ve already got some nice off-road tires ordered. That is the one place I think the Toyota is really lacking. They do it for milaege, but there is no place for street tires on a truck branded “off-road” imho.
You can probably pick up close to 400 for just the tires. The 265/70/16 fits lots of trucks and suvs

Joe333x

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 6sp
Have a trd pro tacoma now. Very good truck. However, yes the shorter length results in zero leg room in the back seat. That and the poor engine/transmission match are definitely knocks. Overall it's very nice and the maneuverability and turning radius of a pro are stellar.

I'm still holding on for a gladiator, but am not opposed to going with a 2020 pro to get power seat and better infotainment system than my 2018 if the gladiator doesnt work out.

I use my truck for work and having a head unit that is like it was from 2005 is not handy. Cant verbally text etc and the jeep uconnect system in my past grand Cherokee was superior even though it was an older vehicle. Will def upgrade to a 20 pro from my 18 if the gladiator winds up being not as I hope or they price it too crazy.
This is what kept me from buying a taco back in 2016, i test drove a stick and driving it was not fun at all, the engine just dogged the whole time unless you really shift high in the rpms, the frontier was much funner to drive but very dated. Are they finally putting power seats in the taco in 2020? always killed me that they want 35k for a truck with no power seats.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Came home with a loaded Tacoma TRD Off road for 36k! Couldn’t be happier. :like::rock:

Too many unknowns. Not enough info being put out for a truck supposedly on the cusp of release and I have plans to make. Maybe in a year or two when these things have some mileage on them and we start getting some good reviews and reports I might think about picking one up. For now, I’m going to go enjoy my retirement and my new truck.

I hope you guys get what you want out of this. It just wasn’t worth the wait for me.

See you guys around the river... :like:

084E8852-5062-4E50-8347-41929D047D1D.jpg
Way to vote with your wallet!

I haven't yet, but my wallet is looking.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
I have almost come home with different vehicles too. Here is a list of vehicles I went to the dealer to look at and almost came home with:
Tacoma Sr5
4runner sr5
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
2019 ram 1500 classic big Horn
2019 ram 1500 wt
2014 ram 1500 sport
Tundra sr5 with trd PKG.
1969 chevy C10 396 (don't ask)

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I have almost come home with different vehicles too. Here is a list of vehicles I went to the dealer to look at and almost came home with:
Tacoma Sr5
4runner sr5
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
2019 ram 1500 classic big Horn
2019 ram 1500 wt
2014 ram 1500 sport
Tundra sr5 with trd PKG.
1969 chevy C10 396 (don't ask)
Deep breaths!!!! She will be parked in your driveway very very soon!

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Came home with a loaded Tacoma TRD Off road for 36k! Couldn’t be happier. :like::rock:

Too many unknowns. Not enough info being put out for a truck supposedly on the cusp of release and I have plans to make. Maybe in a year or two when these things have some mileage on them and we start getting some good reviews and reports I might think about picking one up. For now, I’m going to go enjoy my retirement and my new truck.

I hope you guys get what you want out of this. It just wasn’t worth the wait for me.

See you guys around the river... :like:

084E8852-5062-4E50-8347-41929D047D1D.jpg
Congrat! That Tacoma will last you a long time. I had a friend who had one he drove for over 20 years.

OP
OP
Dryfly24

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Congrat! That Tacoma will last you a long time. I had a friend who had one he drove for over 20 years.
Getting a lift and new tires on Tuesday. Rock sliders the following week. Clazzio leather seat covers and final graphics will arrive soon. I’m enjoying the hell out of this truck...

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Getting a lift and new tires on Tuesday. Rock sliders the following week. Clazzio leather seat covers and final graphics will arrive soon. I’m enjoying the hell out of this truck...
You don't have to meet us by the fishing hole yet!

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
They are extremely nice trucks and will last a lifetime if you take care of it. I have often thought about my next 4x4 being a Tacoma TRD.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd pro
This is what kept me from buying a taco back in 2016, i test drove a stick and driving it was not fun at all, the engine just dogged the whole time unless you really shift high in the rpms, the frontier was much funner to drive but very dated. Are they finally putting power seats in the taco in 2020? always killed me that they want 35k for a truck with no power seats.
Yes power seat on driver seat and a long over due update to the very poor entune infotainment system that includes apple car play and android auto.

Still doing nothing for its doggy performance.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
NOTHING wrong with a Taco, in fact if it was not for Jeep it would be my choice...

Mrs. SRQ JT

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, 2019 JLUR Bikini BLue
We are rethinking the Gladiator as my non-vintage pickup truck and flat tow behind our Super C coach. The FCA lack of customer care with this new release and the dealers, 5 in total, have been horrible to communicate with. They only want to convery their stock JT’s with surcharges and absolutely no discounts. What started as a very exciting launch, the Tread Lightly deal lies, and then the not for sale! JT’s sitting at the lots has us rethinking the 2020 Yukon new release. BTW we have been faithful Jeep customers for 3+ decades! And as an aside we had a great experience buying our JKUR lifted and the new JLUR.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
We are rethinking the Gladiator as my non-vintage pickup truck and flat tow behind our Super C coach. The FCA lack of customer care with this new release and the dealers, 5 in total, have been horrible to communicate with. They only want to convery their stock JT’s with surcharges and absolutely no discounts. What started as a very exciting launch, the Tread Lightly deal lies, and then the not for sale! JT’s sitting at the lots has us rethinking the 2020 Yukon new release. BTW we have been faithful Jeep customers for 3+ decades! And as an aside we had a great experience buying our JKUR lifted and the new JLUR.
Welcome!

Yea the misinformation has been annoying.

Your mention of the 2020 Yukon peaked my interest. I stumbled across this:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/05/all-next-gen-gm-suvs-to-arrive-for-2021-model-year/

Not sure if it’s true, but might be a longer wait.

Yukons are awesome. If we have kids, that will be the family car for sure. I had a Suburban LTZ for a number of years, mostly because I couldn’t afford a Yukon Denali, and I loved it. That’s been my favorite car ever.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Then go back to that dealership....
Sponsored