Sponsored

Gladiators on Mopar 2" Lift Kit

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
yeah i just figured you'ld probably want a 35" spare at least if you're running 37", just don't know how bad it would be. I've heard other guys speculate you could just run with the 37s aired down and 35 well inflated, but I don't know how long you can sustain that, maybe just to limp out of the desert before the buzzards git' ya?
I’ve also heard some 37s fit in the spare compartment. I’m looking at the Nitto ridge grapplers. And hopefully someone can confirm an aired down version will fit before i get my LE.
Sponsored

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
I’ve also heard some 37s fit in the spare compartment. I’m looking at the Nitto ridge grapplers. And hopefully someone can confirm an aired down version will fit before i get my LE.
I ordered 37x13.5R17 Ridge Grapplers for mine yesterday. No clue when I'll have my truck yet but I'll return and report if this hasn't been answered by then.

The extra inch of width on the tire compared to the 12.5 may cause me trouble. I only ordered 4 though because I plan on putting my still new 35" KO2 spare from my JK under there. But I'll fiddle with it once I have the truck in the name of information sharing.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I know it is this way on the Rubicon and have not researched an Overland but you can put your undersized tire on the right front without issue. There is a front axle disconnection the right side that is only reconnected when 4WD is engaged, otherwise the tire is free to rotate at any speed without regard to any other tires. Hopefully we all know that you cannot engage 4WD with different sized tires. As far as airing down a 37 and airing up a 35 they are still different measurements for a full 360 degree rotation even though they may be the same height. an aired down 37 will have a much larger contact patch than an aired up 35 but for 1 full rotation the entire tread surface must pass under the Jeep. Since the rears are driven by the axle they must have the same overall circumference, whereas the fronts are coasting and disconnected they do not have to be the same overall circumference.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I know it is this way on the Rubicon and have not researched an Overland but you can put your undersized tire on the right front without issue. There is a front axle disconnection the right side that is only reconnected when 4WD is engaged, otherwise the tire is free to rotate at any speed without regard to any other tires. Hopefully we all know that you cannot engage 4WD with different sized tires. As far as airing down a 37 and airing up a 35 they are still different measurements for a full 360 degree rotation even though they may be the same height. an aired down 37 will have a much larger contact patch than an aired up 35 but for 1 full rotation the entire tread surface must pass under the Jeep. Since the rears are driven by the axle they must have the same overall circumference, whereas the fronts are coasting and disconnected they do not have to be the same overall circumference.
Good to know - as long as you are not in the boonies and need 4wd, this will work

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Can you explain why one cannot disconnect the Sway Bar with 2"lift.
Man, I had to go all the way back to page one to see why I said that..... anyway, My thought at the time was.... it's not that you can't, IMO 37s with the FSB unlocked will rub when articulating. However, I have heard reports of no issue with rubbing with 37's but of course don't know specifics. Wheel size, offset, tire, locked/unlocked FSB, how much articulation, etc.

So I could be wrong.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Man, I had to go all the way back to page one to see why I said that..... anyway, My thought at the time was.... it's not that you can't, IMO 37s with the FSB unlocked will rub when articulating. However, I have heard reports of no issue with rubbing with 37's but of course don't know specifics. Wheel size, offset, tire, locked/unlocked FSB, how much articulation, etc.

So I could be wrong.
I'm sure it'll depend on all the factors we normally have to consider. Lift height, wheel backspacing and offset, tire selection (they aren't all 37" even if they say they are), etc. The 37" Ridge Grapplers are around 36.75" diameter, but a 37" KO2 isn't even 36", for example.

Sponsored

Knolow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Newbie here...

Can someone please clarify the impacts to towing capacity with 37s? Are there impacts? if so what are the mitigations after you do go 37s.
thanx

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
My tires poke out about 2 inches . Personally I think it looks cool.

37k miles and all looks good

I did 20x10 with -24 on my jk

I’m doing 20x10 with -18 which appears to be 5mm more out than Compared to mopar spreadsheet posted here on JT. Calculations show me it’s a 4.79 backspace on 10 inch wheel

Both have nitto ridge grapplers

Been watching these with lifts and wheels and tires. I’m concerned a 37 will rub if disconnected . I went with 35’s.
Sponsored

Last edited: