The Future of (Electric) Jeeps

BeepBeepIAmAJeep

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Hard Rock Bright White and soon™ 2020 Gladiator LE Bright White
Chrysler announced today that they would end production of internal combustion engines by the year 2040. If they hold true to that, will it be electric jeeps or hydrogen jeeps? Would you guys buy an electric jeep? Those batteries are going to be heavy for sure (I developed a method to grow lithium ion batteries in college so I have a lot of experience with them).
Sponsored

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
I would definitely buy one. My next new car buy will be electric. It is one of the reasons I am going the leasing route. I want to see what is available in 4 years. I am not saying I will dump my ice vehicles. I might even buy other ICE's used if the price is low.

If things line up right. I would love to have a JT and a Rivian R1T

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I would definitely buy one. My next new car buy will be electric. It is one of the reasons I am going the leasing route. I want to see what is available in 4 years. I am not saying I will dump my ice vehicles. I might even buy other ICE's used if the price is low.

If things line up right. I would love to have a JT and a Rivian R1T
I'm in line for teh Rivian R1S. That thing kick ass.....

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Chrysler announced today that they would end production of internal combustion engines by the year 2040. If they hold true to that, will it be electric jeeps or hydrogen jeeps? Would you guys buy an electric jeep? Those batteries are going to be heavy for sure (I developed a method to grow lithium ion batteries in college so I have a lot of experience with them).
maybe it would be Mr. Fusion like in Back2theFuture?
Sponsored