Chip tape

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I have put clear chip tape under my door handles to prevent scratches, I will be applying a 4 inch strip of chip tape across the front of my hood along with headlight protection tape. I plan on doing my door edges also along with chip tape on my door sills. This clear tape when installed right will not be easily noticed and is cheap just takes while to do right.
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Where are you finding it cheap? I just did it on my Mustang and the DIY kits were $250+ just for the front bumper and lip of the hood. I ended up paying $450 to have it done professionally, after calling several shops and getting prices from $450 to $900.

OP
OP

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I have worked in auto plant that I retired from. You can buy all the chip paint you want on amazon, also you can find all your vinyl wrap and tools you need. I have worked off and on in plant repair and not the best with paint and chip tape just take your time,and for those pesky air bubbles prick them with a pin then smooth, plus make sure that you wet the area with water and alcohol, this will allow you pull and reposition before using your application squeegee.
Sponsored