Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
that is true but Gladiator does not count or pay in any of these programs.
Look man, I don't care if you believe me, but I don't want you to spread falsehoods around. So here's my signed bill of sale with Tricity along with my build sheet. The discount is very real, and I have a signed contract to prove it. You don't have to do the same deal, but don't make people believe they have to pay MSRP, that's just trolling. Now, if the day comes that the dealer tries to pull out of this agreement, not only will we have real problem, but I'll gladly come back to this post and take that troll badge off your cap and give you a star.

View attachment 15206
Funny, you're both right.
@trez63, you bought your JT before may 9th which I believe was the date Travis drew a line in the sand and said anything sold before this, we'll honor it.

@stevenw I belive is also right because we've heard from multiple dealers claiming fca isn't honoring the affiliate discount kickback to the dealer for the Gladiator sales.

Remember the dealer can sell you the truck at whatever price they want. Just cuz the dealer says they'll honor tread lightly, doesn't mean fca will pay them for it the same way they do with the JL.

Sounds like Tri City and others took a gamble by advertising 7% below Invoice before they even knew if it would fit their profitability model. Then (Tri city anyway) stepped up and said, "oops, our bad, new price now, lucky for the early adopters."

And @trez63, you're absolutely right, no reason to buy at or over MSRP NOW. you can still buy at least 3-4% under INVOICE at Tri City and with Kent and @spenchey.
Sponsored

BSingleton

First Name
Brian Singleton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep LE Gladiator (ordered) 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
I think the May 9 date represents the last order date that Jeep will honor FCA Affiliate pricing for Gladiator.

I had my dealer GM check with the corporate Jeep execs in late April to see if they would honor the FCA Affiliate pricing...to which the response was yes...I immediately joined Tread Lightly on 4/26.

Thus, I presume Corporate Jeep decided to not accept the FCA Affiliate discount for Gladiator orders after 5/9 as a means to financially capitalize on the immediate demand for the truck.

So...if you ordered a Gladiator before 5/9...I recommend joining Tread Lightly or another FCA Affiliate organization before you take ownership Gladiator.
It’s only $100 to join and it saves thousands.

Remember that you must me a member of Tread Lightly for 30 days before you can purchase a FCA vehicle via the Affiliate Rewards program.

My LE estimated ship date is 5/18...and I’m hoping it arrives late May/early June.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I think the May 9 date represents the last order date that Jeep will honor FCA Affiliate pricing for Gladiator.

I had my dealer GM check with the corporate Jeep execs in late April to see if they would honor the FCA Affiliate pricing...to which the response was yes...I immediately joined Tread Lightly on 4/26.

Thus, I presume Corporate Jeep decided to not accept the FCA Affiliate discount for Gladiator orders after 5/9 as a means to financially capitalize on the immediate demand for the truck.
very well could be. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

stevenw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Just as an FYI...

I bought the Tread Lightly membership on 03/22 and got my welcome package in the mail today 03/25.
Went to the FCA website and got a control number without any issues at all :D
  • Date Issued: 03-25-2019
  • Expiration Date: 01-02-2020
Thank you to the OP for the information in this thread!
Nice job. But won’t work on gladiator

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
We'll see about that.

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite JTLE Ordered, switched to the dark(er) side: Black JTLE
I ordered an LE last month but hopefully my dealer doesn't read these emails as thoroughly as I do...

"Dodge Challenger SRT® Demon, 2020 Jeep® Gladiator, Jeep® Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, all Chrysler 200 LX models, all Dodge Dart SE models, all Dodge Viper models and all FIAT® 500e models are currently not eligible for this program."

Not Eligible.JPG

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
yeah hopefully they don't because i just got the tread lightly membership. I should have saved my 100 dollars except that its a good organization.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah hopefully they don't because i just got the tread lightly membership. I should have saved my 100 dollars except that its a good organization.
That's how I felt too. Good organization, got a shirt, got a discount off tires and mopar accessories. Hopefully they save a few trees for me!

stevenw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Funny, you're both right.
@trez63, you bought your JT before may 9th which I believe was the date Travis drew a line in the sand and said anything sold before this, we'll honor it.

@stevenw I belive is also right because we've heard from multiple dealers claiming fca isn't honoring the affiliate discount kickback to the dealer for the Gladiator sales.

Remember the dealer can sell you the truck at whatever price they want. Just cuz the dealer says they'll honor tread lightly, doesn't mean fca will pay them for it the same way they do with the JL.

Sounds like Tri City and others took a gamble by advertising 7% below Invoice before they even knew if it would fit their profitability model. Then (Tri city anyway) stepped up and said, "oops, our bad, new price now, lucky for the early adopters."

And @trez63, you're absolutely right, no reason to buy at or over MSRP NOW. you can still buy at least 3-4% under INVOICE at Tri City and with Kent and @spenchey.
I never said you have to pay MSRP. All I said is that there is no affiliate or tread lightly pricing yet on gladiator. If a dealer does not know this and gives you that preferred pricing then Good for you and bad for the dealer. Any good dealer before you sign the papers will pull an incentive configurator to verify applicable programs. Just saying.
Sponsored