Sponsored

who is getting the bluetooth speaker?

are you interested in the bluetooth speaker?

• Total voters

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
Looked like when I configured Sport when selecting the alpine it selected the speaker automatically (or vise versa).

But when I did it under Rubicon trim they seemed to have nothing in common. Maybe a glitch.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
Looked like when I configured Sport when selecting the alpine it selected the speaker automatically (or vise versa).

But when I did it under Rubicon trim they seemed to have nothing in common. Maybe a glitch.

When you add the bluetooth speaker to the Sport it automatically adds the Convince Group, Alpine Premium Audio and the 7" U-Connect Screen. On the Rubicon if you add it it automatically adds the Alpine Premium Audio and 8.4" U-Connect Screen. Hope this helps

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler
I was actually thinking that the speaker that is in the JT will possibly be made by Beats, Alpine, or Harmon/Kardon we know FCA has had a a relationship with all of them and JEEP isn't making a speaker. All of those manufacturers have some sort of bluetooth speaker as well, just a quick re-package. Plus I don't see them making a crapy one if they want it to sell.
I'm sure they will outsource the speaker to another company, put a Jeep logo on it and charge double what you'd pay for an equivalent speaker. IMO a waste of money but I'm cheap.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I assumed it would be part of a package so I wouldn't really have a choice, but if they're actually going to leave it separately optioned - heck no!

Don't get me wrong - I love the idea, but if they're optioning it alone, it's gonna be at least $195, which can buy me a bunch of good speakers I can throw away when they break.
This x100. I'm open to paying for the Alpine Upgrade, but really think the Bluetooth speaker should be included in that. If not I'll pass.

SFC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sport, 2000 XJ Cherokee
This x100. I'm open to paying for the Alpine Upgrade, but really think the Bluetooth speaker should be included in that. If not I'll pass.
Agreed on this. I'm definitely doing the Alpine speakers but skipping that bluetooth. It's going to way overpriced.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
In case anyone wants to have some extra storage space when not getting the Bluetooth speaker, well this is what it looks like without that speaker there. Looks like you get a small tray on the bottom instead. Found this in one of the videos. And FYI in the other picture you will see a similar tray on the drivers side which also has a little net to hold things on the back wall. I read that when you don’t get the 9th speaker (the one in the middle) then you also don’t get the netting on the drivers side. I would prefer not to get it with a Bluetooth speaker or with that 9th speaker in the middle, just have room for more storage.
8A8E2EDE-7196-4153-A05E-ADF4F4770C2E.png
62FBD6F4-1D0F-4FAE-AAE2-942ADDC160BD.jpeg

Last edited:

Michael Harris

First Name
ichael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Gladiator, Ram 3500
I just picked up my red Overland Gladiator with the premium sound package and I can't find the speaker so I probably didn't get one. I did get some features that were were supposed to be specific to the Rubicon so that was cool. Must have been some line confusion and I got lucky.

Gladiator.jpg

jeeps.jpg

Reactions: SKT

Sponsored

jhunter

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Overland White
My JT Overland came with the Bluetooth speaker. However, I am not having any luck pairing it to my iPhone 7. I am pretty sure it is user error. Has anyone done this yet? If yes, any tips? Documentation is a bit scarce.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I bet by next year this option won't exist. It's nothing bit a novilty item for someone who wants everything. You can get so much more for cheaper

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I just picked up my red Overland Gladiator with the premium sound package and I can't find the speaker so I probably didn't get one. I did get some features that were were supposed to be specific to the Rubicon so that was cool. Must have been some line confusion and I got lucky.

Gladiator.jpg

jeeps.jpg
Flip your back seat. Passenger side. If nothing is there you didn't get one

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Flip your back seat. Passenger side. If nothing is there you didn't get one
Love to see a good picture of behind your back seats with no speaker in the middle. Never seen a good, clear picture of that. Must be another storage section.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
P
Love to see a good picture of behind your back seats with no speaker in the middle. Never seen a good, clear picture of that. Must be another storage section.
Pics I've seen it's blank with a little cubby hole storage area
Sponsored