Tow Mirrors

Gshaw34

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I am getting my stuff ready to tow my travel trailer on Thursday or Friday for out weekend camping trip. I have the brake controller set up being delivered from Amazon on Thursday.

I am now looking fo suggestions for tow mirrors. Will standard universal tow mirrors work. I used to have a pair but I don't know where I put them. Any suggestions wound be great. Thanks again
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I don’t own a Wrangler but I just went to Yahoo and entered in Jeep Wrangler Tow Mirror

Try that and you will see lots of mirrors posted there. As to be expected there’s lots of them that just attach to the standard mirror to extend them out a tad. They should all work on the Gladiator

PackerBacker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S w/Max Tow
I bought the Fit System 3891 mirrors from Amazon for my wife’s Honda Pilot. Now that I have a Gladiator, I’m planning to use that for towing. Thankfully these mirrors clip right on and strap in really nice. I have towed with them strapped in on a Pilot and they don’t vibrate at all. I expect similar results with the Gladiator since side mirror frames are more square.
(link:
Fit System 3891 Deluxe Universal Clip-on Trailer Towing Mirror https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AJH1HK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xotlDbP7SQ3VY

BDA3FE3D-5457-42FE-8C75-938F43E6D6C3.jpeg

CAF8680A-F95C-498A-88C5-0341D053EB5C.jpeg

90EF34CB-26D5-43DE-8636-2186AD69DF03.jpeg

Magnus Rudis

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Ordered; 2015 Silver Rubicon JKU
@PackerBacker Thanks for the install pics and the link. Looks like they stick out just far enough without being too wide.

PackerBacker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S w/Max Tow
@PackerBacker Thanks for the install pics and the link. Looks like they stick out just far enough without being too wide.
Yeah, they worked awesome on the Pilot. I know my wife’s Pilot is a couple inches wider than the Gladiator, but I wasn’t looking out the edge of the mirror to see behind my camper anyway. I will report back after my first camping trip in the Gladiator 7/26-7/28. My camper is 7.5’ wide too, so that helps vs the full 8’ some campers are.

Sponsored

PackerBacker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S w/Max Tow
Well, these mirrors ended up working great for ~120 miles total of usage this past weekend. The only issue is that the brackets/straps closest to the outside of the mirror worked loose and the brackets were no longer gripping the frame of the side mirror. I noticed this about 5 miles away from home and I was really close to an exit to just go through town a little more so I chose that vs. having the wind sheer from going 70mph on the freeway. Thankfully the inner strap that is obviously more secure around the side mirror was holding on for dear life anyway, so the outer one was pretty much just decorative anyway.

I will be using these again this upcoming weekend for another 100ish miles and will report back. Something tells me that I should just tighten them back down once I get to the campsite, after they have been jostling around, before I just drive back home with them.

Magnus Rudis

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Ordered; 2015 Silver Rubicon JKU
@PackerBacker thanks for the update. I'm living vicariously through everyone that has real world experience as I wait for my GCM LE.

PackerBacker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S w/Max Tow
@PackerBacker thanks for the update. I'm living vicariously through everyone that has real world experience as I wait for my GCM LE.
Boo. Sorry you're waiting. It seems like Jeep really goofed up not having the 4190 LE's be the first ones that rolled off the line. Here's wishing you good karma on the LE arriving before convertible season ends. I am kind of glad that I didn't order my JT because I ordered my JLU last summer (early August), it arrived in early October, and the weather was horrible from October straight through April here in WI. By the time it was nice weather, we needed the truck. Thankfully it's a Jeep truck :)

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Well, these mirrors ended up working great for ~120 miles total of usage this past weekend. The only issue is that the brackets/straps closest to the outside of the mirror worked loose and the brackets were no longer gripping the frame of the side mirror. I noticed this about 5 miles away from home and I was really close to an exit to just go through town a little more so I chose that vs. having the wind sheer from going 70mph on the freeway. Thankfully the inner strap that is obviously more secure around the side mirror was holding on for dear life anyway, so the outer one was pretty much just decorative anyway.

I will be using these again this upcoming weekend for another 100ish miles and will report back. Something tells me that I should just tighten them back down once I get to the campsite, after they have been jostling around, before I just drive back home with them.
I have the same mirrors and crossed the straps and they held much better. Connect top of one side to bottom of other and make an X and they will hold great.

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Those actually don’t look bad. The others are nasty. Let us know how they fit. My JK mirrors are bigger than the JT ones.

There was a few reviews of people putting them on their FJ cruisers so figured it's worth a shot seems like they should be semi universal. Willing be posting up as soon as I get them. :like:. Worse case I'll just have to return them. :CWL:

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
There was a few reviews of people putting them on their FJ cruisers so figured it's worth a shot seems like they should be semi universal.
Ya. Just plastic, could be shaped with a file to fit better if need be.

TheLunk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Overland Snazzberry (traded in 2020 Max Tow)
I used a pair of Dometic Milenco Grand Aero3 mirrors last week, for about 300 miles of combined highway and secondary towing. I was impressed with the stability of the mounting system. There was a bit of shake to the mirrors themselves, but nothing unreasonable. It's probably unavoidable with any arm-mounted ones like them. I like the fact that there are replacement parts available as well, for the mounting pads and even the whole mirror head.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Seems a clever Jeep Engineer could design a system with slots or something to add a mirror like that but without Velcro :roll eyes:
Sponsored