First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales
The real test will be when I hook up my boat...I took it to the scales a few summers ago.
Fully gassed up + all my gear, it tipped the scales at 5680 lbs. The trailer adds another 1300 lbs, so total tow weight = 6920 lbs.

Luckily I only need to tow it 2 miles to the boat launch a few times per season but I’d like to take some trips down to a few lakes in the Adirondacks. The SRT tows like no other vehicle...uphill at 80mph and you can honestly forget its back there!

Anyone have a link to a good brake controller to order?
Sponsored

Scottdip

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
I would love to see someone do that same towing test but with a Gladiator that had a some sort of forced induction installed.

Link Pin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara, 1999 Sport 6.0 4L Manual
Occupation
Retired
Anyone know if Jeep will be releasing tow mirrors?
They probably will, but if you don't want those ugly things hanging on your front fenders, Google remote wireless trailer cameras. There are some really good ones out there that the truckers use, esp. for backing.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't think the JT Rubi was available with the Max Tow package. Is the "build site" now offering it?

Sponsored

Gshaw34

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I will be towing my trailer tomorrow or friday. It is under 3k dry and about 3.5k loaded.

I ordered the pig tail and brake controller which will arrive tomorrow. A nice quick install if it comes in time. I will be towing about 80 miles mostly flat on the NJ turnpike. Just need to grab some tow mirrors

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I didn't think the JT Rubi was available with the Max Tow package. Is the "build site" now offering it?
The Rubicon already has a lot of the max tow stuff standard, so the tow package essentially adds what's missing (HD engine cooling, hitch and 240amp alternator). It already has the wider d44 axles with 4.10s and larger brakes. Tow rating and payload are down slightly due to increased weight and larger tires vs the sport s, but still a pretty respectable 7000 and 1160, respectively.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
It would be interesting to run the Ike with an unladen Gladiator just to see the impact of towing on its performance. It would be interesting to see that comparison for all of the vehicles they test, but clearly the time demands for that would be too high.
Ya I want to also see more 'Ike Tests':
3.6L 5,000#
3.6L 3,000#
3.0L 7,000#
3.0L 5,000#
3.0L 3,000#

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I will be towing my trailer tomorrow or friday. It is under 3k dry and about 3.5k loaded.

I ordered the pig tail and brake controller which will arrive tomorrow. A nice quick install if it comes in time. I will be towing about 80 miles mostly flat on the NJ turnpike. Just need to grab some tow mirrors
Is it the same brake controller pig tail as Chrysler?

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know what tow mirrors you find to fit the mirrors...

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
You all act like this thing is a 1 ton ready to pull down the gates of hell...its a midsize truck that you can hook a trailer too. Want to tow with comfort buy a full size truck.
What they want to do is tow 7000+ lbs and then say it does not do it very well, in fact, it does not tow like an F 450!!!!

I have hauled/towed at the outer limits and I can assure all that is is not an easy tow, lot of stress. When you work at the outer edges of parameters it is what it is folks...

Here is a tow/haul, almost 12,000 lbs on the tow and 6000 lb in the haul, fully loaded I was almost at 20,000 lbs. I am at the outer edges of capacity. While hwy speed was ok at 62 mph and it held cruise control well (I 10 Scottsdale AZ to San Antonio TX), the 3:55 gears were a long slow gear, 4:30's would have made a world of difference and most likely provided better mpg over the 8.9 that I got on that trip.

251120101537.jpeg

Gshaw34

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Towing was ok wind and trucks a little hairy at times. But over all not that bad. I was mostly doing 58mph cruise control and was at 2k rpm.

Just got the the campground

Over all I towed with worse cough cough my lemon ram 1500

Gshaw34

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Let me know what tow mirrors you find to fit the mirrors...
The tow mirrors I got suck. I started to drive. They shook so damn much. I went around the block got the package out of the garbage took them off and drove. I kept them in the Jeep just in case