Sponsored

2020 Gladiator color availability dates (start of production)

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
So what are the chances of yellow being available in the future? The one head guy talked about "cartoon colors" being available at a later date in an interview. Guess I'm waiting even longer
I’d venture a guess to say, not this year...maybe next.
Sponsored

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
Ancient chinese secret aside, I'm also curious where this info comes from, as several local dealerships didn't even want to discuss release dates. I know they are probably just trying to make sales now with the current 4 colors, but I'm very curious, can you place an order with deposit for a color before its release date, and then thry can just go straight to pre ordered builds when the release date comes? My dealer said they can't do that because they aren't even sure if all colors will be available for all trim levels, and they can't close a deal now because msrp may go up pver the next month or two. Any thoughts or factual knowledge on this?

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Ancient chinese secret aside, I'm also curious where this info comes from, as several local dealerships didn't even want to discuss release dates. I know they are probably just trying to make sales now with the current 4 colors, but I'm very curious, can you place an order with deposit for a color before its release date, and then thry can just go straight to pre ordered builds when the release date comes? My dealer said they can't do that because they aren't even sure if all colors will be available for all trim levels, and they can't close a deal now because msrp may go up pver the next month or two. Any thoughts or factual knowledge on this?
cuz they may not know - we know more than they do. You can place a deposit for order whenever, up to the dealer, but they are right MSRP can change, and all colors may not be avail for all models.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Current order banks won't allow dealers to place an order for late colors. so if they take and "order" from you, it's not through Jeep, just a deposit within the dealership.

When JLs rolled out, they changed the pricing a few months into production. The dealer probably realizes that and don't want to commit to a price until they can actually place an order through Jeep.

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
So what are the chances of yellow being available in the future? The one head guy talked about "cartoon colors" being available at a later date in an interview. Guess I'm waiting even longer
This!!
Looking at JL’s ... the more I see Mojito, the more I like it. Wonder if it and yellow will make the list next year.

Sponsored

americangladiator

First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 jk unlimited
I just got an email from Kate in Pennsylvania, whom seems to be well recommended on this forum, that gobi, stinggray and gator are available on rubicons as of yesterday

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I ordered one yesterday and only the first 4 colors were available. for some reason the steel winch bumper wasn't showing up as 'order-able' either. but hopefully I can get it through accessories or quadratec. even though it'll cost a tiny bit more

OP
OP
billyjk7

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I ordered one yesterday and only the first 4 colors were available. for some reason the steel winch bumper wasn't showing up as 'order-able' either. but hopefully I can get it through accessories or quadratec. even though it'll cost a tiny bit more
I have seen them complete with the led fogs for about 800 on craigslist

jingle

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
I ordered a LE on 5/16 and Granite Crystal was an option so that’s what I ordered. I was talking to the dealer most of the week and GC became an orderable color on 5/15 (for LE). It was greyed out prior to that. Maybe it was a glitch? I have a VON, but no update from the dealer since.

Sponsored

SMLDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Sahara, 07 Caliber. 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
New to the group.
Last week was able to order Sting Ray gray from Dealer on the Rubi, they said it was open to order.
Found out today that there was a glitch in the system and it was kick out for ordering, will be waiting to order again either Sting ray or Granite.
Great Forum, have been doing A LOT of reading.

mimms123

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
New to the group.
Last week was able to order Sting Ray gray from Dealer on the Rubi, they said it was open to order.
Found out today that there was a glitch in the system and it was kick out for ordering, will be waiting to order again either Sting ray or Granite.
Great Forum, have been doing A LOT of reading.
Glitch in the system huh?> Sounds like bait and switch to me....

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Glitch in the system huh?> Sounds like bait and switch to me....
Except all of the dealers on the forum posted about the same glitch and many said something along the lines of "I can order more colors today, however I am skeptical as this does not match the dates I was given. We can try but don't be disappointed if we get an email the next day that the order has been rejected." Total transparency from the dealers I spoke to on the day of the glitch.

mimms123

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Except all of the dealers on the forum posted about the same glitch and many said something along the lines of "I can order more colors today, however I am skeptical as this does not match the dates I was given. We can try but don't be disappointed if we get an email the next day that the order has been rejected." Total transparency from the dealers I spoke to on the day of the glitch.
Gotcha.... I'm very skeptical of all dealers. Thanks for the clarification

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
If the Sting Greycolor is available 6/24, when will we be able to start ordering them?
Sponsored