Costco auto pricing

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Found out today the Costco pricing. It's 1200 over invoice. You get 50% off accessories and I think a Costco gift card. Maybe $200? Damn I should've wrote this down. Long Monday I guess.
Doesn't seem like a great deal. Well maybe with the accessories discount. I'm guessing you can rack up a big bill with mopar accessories. What do you all think of that?
Sponsored

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
$1200 over invoice is not a deal. Dealer are doing 5-7% under invoice. That’s a huge difference. You would have to buy every accessory in the catalogue to make that little discount worth it. There are lots of on-line Mopar parts distributors that offer discounts on accessories all the time

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep you are right. I was really hoping for something better and very unhappy when I heard. I know they, Costco, has good deals. The Subaru ascent was 750 under invoice plus the half off accessories and gift cards, but I don't want that. How disappointing.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Don't be in a hurry, dealers will not be able to keep the high prices. Once the desperate few are gone, the JT's will just sit at the dealers.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I believe you are 100% correct. Just look at how many unsold Wranglers pile up on dealers lots. I think the very high price has a lot to do with this mounting pile. I think the exact same thing will happen to the Gladiator. Fifty million dollar question remains: Will Jeep lower the price or just let the pile get bigger?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait they'd do this rather than just selling them at a discount?!

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You all are going to love this. The dealer costco referred me to lied about the deal. Costco called me and I told them that 1200 over invoice was terrible and there are plenty of dealers doing under invoice. They said the deal is invoice not 1200 above and 15% off all accessories ordered. Then they sent all this info to their investigative organization. They then asked about when i inquired about Toyota. I told them the dealer they sent me to said 100 over invoice and they said that wasn't right either. Its 500 under invoice except for the pro model, which is 1500 over invoice. These damn lying dealers. Seriously messed up.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
so special Costco pricing is supposed to be at invoice, that correct? however, some of you are saying plenty of dealers are also selling 5-7% under invoice, that correct too?

starting to dig into numbers here in my area w/ dealers and had been aiming to use strictly Costco pricing but it sounds like I should be able to beat that if I shop around

OP
OP
Slapping_Rabbits

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so special Costco pricing is supposed to be at invoice, that correct? however, some of you are saying plenty of dealers are also selling 5-7% under invoice, that correct too?

starting to dig into numbers here in my area w/ dealers and had been aiming to use strictly Costco pricing but it sounds like I should be able to beat that if I shop around
Yeah Costco is at invoice but it also changes month to month and ive not checked since may. You can do better though. 5 % under invoice even with fees and crap still comes out better.

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase

I see you are in Minneapolis. @spenchey will probably be the closest guy to you that will give you a heck of a deal. Drop him a line and grab 5% under with Tread Lightly.

-Mike

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
Yeah Costco is at invoice but it also changes month to month and ive not checked since may. You can do better though. 5 % under invoice even with fees and crap still comes out better.
In the past I've used the Costco price as a bargaining tool - it wasn't at my local dealer so I took the price sheet from Costco (where the dealer was 100 miles away) to my local dealer and got a much better deal

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
In the past I've used the Costco price as a bargaining tool - it wasn't at my local dealer so I took the price sheet from Costco (where the dealer was 100 miles away) to my local dealer and got a much better deal
I attempted this sort of strategy yesterday with a local dealer via email; they exclaimed I'd be unlikely to do much better than invoice on such a new vehicle. I feel like once I go through all the Jeep dealers here in my city I'm going to be forced out of state to buy.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
I see you are in Minneapolis. @spenchey will probably be the closest guy to you that will give you a heck of a deal. Drop him a line and grab 5% under with Tread Lightly.

-Mike
I don't know much about this Tread Lightly program, but reading the website it looks like you need to be a $100/yr member to qualify for the FCA discount? (and wait 30 days apparently)

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know much about this Tread Lightly program, but reading the website it looks like you need to be a $100/yr member to qualify for the FCA discount? (and wait 30 days apparently)
Yes. I didn't know much about it either until Spencer from Motor Inn (who I'm going to be buying from) told me about it. He was at a 3% under invoice price, but now that Jeep is accepting Tread Lightly, you can make a $100 donation to be a member and he is bringing the price to 5% below invoice. On my build, that is equaling almost $900 ($1k if you 'include' the $100 for membership), so I definitely signed up for it. I'm buying Hydro Blue, so I'm well over the 30 day wait period..

Hope this helps!

-Mike
Sponsored