Sponsored

Dealers to avoid - Charging over MSRP

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Looks like you can travel to Huntington Beach and pay $20K over MSRP on any of their 30 Gladiators in transit. A Sport will only run about $66K.

01 Jeep.jpg
Sponsored

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Looks like you can travel to Huntington Beach and pay $20K over MSRP on any of their 30 Gladiators in transit. A Sport will only run about $66K.

01 Jeep.jpg
I love that they have the gall to advertise the dealer markup. No shame.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
They absolutely have to be the worst yet?? That is freaking crazy! @ralphjjr You are right, no shame with the mark up at all. That is pitiful.

Sponsored

Scar4181

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL/Gladiator on the way!
Occupation
Internet Sales Manager
Hey @Scar4181 , isn't this your dealership? You guys are selling this jeep with a $10k premium? I thought you sold under INVOICE?

Or is it just under Invoice for the smart folks?
It is selling at MSRP. Website listing is incorrect. All in stock units, the first pre specs, are selling at MSRP. All our orders were at the below invoice pricing I quoted

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I was out to lunch and stopped at dealer at Anniston, Al. Displayed on the corner of the lot is a silver bullet Rubicon the msrp was just over 59 thousand, a second sticker had 8 thousand dollar mark up. I now know why it has not sold. I hope the truck rots, who will pay that much?

OP
OP
RedTRex

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I was out to lunch and stopped at dealer at Anniston, Al. Displayed on the corner of the lot is a silver bullet Rubicon the msrp was just over 59 thousand, a second sticker had 8 thousand dollar mark up. I now know why it has not sold. I hope the truck rots, who will pay that much?
Hopefully no-one

Jimmoiv

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 jeep Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
$3500 over MSRP at AutoNation in Mobile, AL. Definitely not as bad as that California deal. But I'm still not paying it.

Sponsored

duckyjp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
It is selling at MSRP. Website listing is incorrect. All in stock units, the first pre specs, are selling at MSRP. All our orders were at the below invoice pricing I quoted
@Scar4181 Are you still doing new orders at below invoice pricing? That message thread seems to have been deleted.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I need to add Adamson Motors in Rochester, MN. They told me the costco auto deal with 1200 over invoice and its not. Its just straight up invoice. Not nice to lie to people.

WarMouth

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TBSS, 22 JT Mojave
So around me here in GA pretty much all the dealerships are advertising above MSRP.

Mall of Georgia Jeep $3000 over MSRP. $61,245 MSRP / $64, 245 listed online
Hendrick Jeep in Duluth $12,183 over MSRP. $59,090 MSRP / $71,273 listed online
Hayes Jeep in Gainesville $995 over MSRP. $61,275 MSRP / $62,270 listed online

A dealership I wasn't even aware of was the only one listing at MSRP Banks Crossing Jeep in Commerce.

If anyone has found a dealership in North GA willing to sell under MSRP let me know. I am waiting for a Sting Gray but keeping an eye on which dealers ares scalping now so I know who to avoid when the time comes.

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
So around me here in GA pretty much all the dealerships are advertising above MSRP.

Mall of Georgia Jeep $3000 over MSRP. $61,245 MSRP / $64, 245 listed online
Hendrick Jeep in Duluth $12,183 over MSRP. $59,090 MSRP / $71,273 listed online
Hayes Jeep in Gainesville $995 over MSRP. $61,275 MSRP / $62,270 listed online

A dealership I wasn't even aware of was the only one listing at MSRP Banks Crossing Jeep in Commerce.

If anyone has found a dealership in North GA willing to sell under MSRP let me know. I am waiting for a Sting Gray but keeping an eye on which dealers ares scalping now so I know who to avoid when the time comes.
Same here. Atlanta dealers are working the upcharge. I have been in talks with Beaman outside Nashville and Tri-city in NC. I will order a Sting Grey from one of them.

DanoLoCo

First Name
Dano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Tacoma, '91 Porsche 911
San Leandro CDJR in the San Fran Bay Area are charging $20,000 over MSRP! Visiting from Colorado. Told them I had already ordered my Overland before my dealer had
20190523_144649.jpg
one the lot (I hadn't even seen or touched a JT yet.) They were nice enough, gave my wife and I plenty of time to crawl thru it. Then we saw the window sticker. Dang! I heard they are the only shop in the area to have any. One Rubi and 2 Overlands loaded, then marked up 38%. Chumps!
Sponsored