First Granite Crystal VIN# Post Here

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Avenger, Used to own 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
just received an email from my dealer he said "WHAT I HEAR FROM CORPORATE THE GRANITE COLOR WILL BE AVAILABLE 3RD QUARTER MEANING JULY "

The real question is, will some lucky bastard with a Sting Grey overland get theirs before us Granite LE suckers. grrr.
Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Granite Crystal LE peeps! Updates on your status?

@jncomatrix said Kent told him he was in D status. So I called Kent to check on mine. I'm still C. But Kent did say he had 3 Granite Crystal LEs with VINs assigned. Seemed to indicate they may ship in June, which definitely beats the 7/8 build start date from the color production schedule.

Spreadsheet still shows most folks in BG or C. Would like to hear from someone with a Granite Crystal LE who actually has a VIN.

gladiatormotorsports

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gladiator-motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch
Occupation
Owner
Granite Crystal LE peeps! Updates on your status?

@jncomatrix said Kent told him he was in D status. So I called Kent to check on mine. I'm still C. But Kent did say he had 3 Granite Crystal LEs with VINs assigned. Seemed to indicate they may ship in June, which definitely beats the 7/8 build start date from the color production schedule.

Spreadsheet still shows most folks in BG or C. Would like to hear from someone with a Granite Crystal LE who actually has a VIN.
Dealer called in for a week straight for me, I am in Arizona, they finally got someone to respond and their exact answer was " You can expect Granite sometime between June 20 and August 20"

Just crazy how jeep messed this up so bad.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
The quote the FCA guys on the phone "just cause you ordered first doesn't mean it will get built first'. I heard so many disappointing things on the phone call I was just on I just about lost my sh*t. Which is unfortunate because these people are just doing their jobs. She definitely admitted to me that things had not been planned or executed well. "Dealers were supposed to know Granite was going to get built last" My dealer didn't know any of that and he literally had his meeting with FCA the day before....so many more mistruths. Sorry I am just venting now.
Like I said above, my dealer did know... he said, the day we placed the order (April 4th), “expect delivery on your Granite LE sometime between 1st of August, and end of October.” ;{

Sponsored

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director
I was misinformed.....Im in C status for my granite. Its been this status for 3 weeks according to gladiator concierge line as of this AM. I asked the concierge when granite might be getting built next and she did not have any info on that other than the status should be changing soon.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I was misinformed.....Im in C status for my granite. Its been this status for 3 weeks according to gladiator concierge line as of this AM. I asked the concierge when granite might be getting built next and she did not have any info on that other than the status should be changing soon.
I called the concierge this AM too, trying to press when it would get built. I'm still in C too (for nearly a month now), and wouldn't confirm a build date other than "later this summer." Pressed about some sort of commitment regarding actual progress, and they were extremely non-committal.

Starting to believe the build dates again (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...availability-dates-start-of-production.16034/). Kent told me I had a VIN assigned a few weeks ago, but when I pressed for the actual VIN he never replied. When I spoke with him last week he said I was in C status, but there were 3 of the 6 Granite LEs he has orders placed for in D status with VINs. Since no one on this forum with a Granite LE has actually said they have a VIN, that's 2 strikes against Kent.

I originally hoped to pick it up by Labor Day, but last week I had a glimmer of hope it would be earlier. Definitely had thoughts again today about swapping to Silver, especially since my Jeep has been in the shop for over a week now. Staying Zen (for now).

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
I called the concierge this AM too, trying to press when it would get built. I'm still in C too (for nearly a month now), and wouldn't confirm a build date other than "later this summer." Pressed about some sort of commitment regarding actual progress, and they were extremely non-committal.

Starting to believe the build dates again (https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...availability-dates-start-of-production.16034/). Kent told me I had a VIN assigned a few weeks ago, but when I pressed for the actual VIN he never replied. When I spoke with him last week he said I was in C status, but there were 3 of the 6 Granite LEs he has orders placed for in D status with VINs. Since no one on this forum with a Granite LE has actually said they have a VIN, that's 2 strikes against Kent.

I originally hoped to pick it up by Labor Day, but last week I had a glimmer of hope it would be earlier. Definitely had thoughts again today about swapping to Silver, especially since my Jeep has been in the shop for over a week now. Staying Zen (for now).
GLADIAT-OHMMMMMmmmmm...

Camper

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE (on order)
I can't tell...Is this Granite Crystal or Black?

c_oc=AQmAwaAx9LF_333GgmBuOXaZkqEU7sAtBXKZxcfoZ_iHjNUVEoyItkzTaDxzYFphGJg&_nc_ht=scontent.ffsd1-1.jpg

Sponsored

jncomatrix

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR LE Black, 1996 XJ 4.0 5.5" long arm, 2003 Matrix XRS,
Occupation
Commercial Vehicle Director

c_oc=AQmAwaAx9LF_333GgmBuOXaZkqEU7sAtBXKZxcfoZ_iHjNUVEoyItkzTaDxzYFphGJg&_nc_ht=scontent.ffsd1-1.jpg
I dont want to guess.....I'd rather hope that this is a delivered GRANITE LE.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

I dont want to guess.....I'd rather hope that this is a delivered GRANITE LE.
That sure looks like Granite! Would be the first photo I've seen and beats the paint schedule by a month+. Paint is lighter than bumper/tires/hood latches and looks like the metallic shimmer. Hard to tell for sure with only one photo & how the sun is hitting it.

Wheels don't look LE though. Hard to tell with plastic over the wheels, but looks like the standard wheels. Does have the trail cam, which so far have only been seen on LEs.

Where'd this come from? Ask the originator for more photos...

Seeing a real one makes me glad I'm waiting it out!

Last edited:

Camper

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE (on order)
The pic is from the Jeep Plant FB page. Looked like the woman’s husband works in the paint division there. On Memorial day she was given a tour of the plant to see where her new gladiator was build. But the photo give hope to those waiting on the Granite Crystal!!

terrordbn

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition, 2020 Jeep Granite Crystal Gladiator Launch Edition (on order)
Vehicle Showcase

I am calling DIBS! That is MY Granite Crystal LE!! FIRST! MINE MINE MINE! ;)

Aaron
Sponsored