Briguy155

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Great stuff. Ask what they are using for the bed as far as a utility mount for a spare wheel. side mount design? or something in the works????
Also what they may have for security locks/cover for the bed and tailgate. Does anyone have an aftermarket exhaust yet?
Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I really dig the Wayout concept. Love the shape of the Euro-hood. Allegedly the color IS Gator, but it looks way lighter than the color in the configurator. The rack is supposed to wind up a MOPAR accessory. The hard top has a recess to allow the RTT to sit lower than it would otherwise. The gas can mounts are cool, but I'd rather have a 10gal bigger tank to start with.

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Avenger, Used to own 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I really dig the Wayout concept. Love the shape of the Euro-hood. Allegedly the color IS Gator, but it looks way lighter than the color in the configurator. The rack is supposed to wind up a MOPAR accessory. The hard top has a recess to allow the RTT to sit lower than it would otherwise. The gas can mounts are cool, but I'd rather have a 10gal bigger tank to start with.
where did you hear about the rack becoming a mopar accessory? it's my favorite thing about the wayout concept besides the on-board air. any idea if the onboard air thing will be a mopar accessory eventually?

I've got some time to wait for my granite LE, been salivating over aftermarket options ever since I found out it was really the "post-launch edition".

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
where did you hear about the rack becoming a mopar accessory? it's my favorite thing about the wayout concept besides the on-board air. any idea if the onboard air thing will be a mopar accessory eventually?

I've got some time to wait for my granite LE, been salivating over aftermarket options ever since I found out it was really the "post-launch edition".
It was one of the interviews (tfl I think) from EJS

Last edited:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
As trick as the Leitner rack looks, to me I’m not all that happy with encroaching on the 48” envelope. I wouldn’t mind losing the wheel well depth but beyond that and you’re cutting into loading capacity.

The artec looks seriously trim but I’d want to see a taller option, breaking flush with the top would be all you’d really need for most things.

Has anyone seen any racking that runs from the windshield to the tailgate? What I’m hunting is basically a basic contractors ladder rack but tailored to safari rack duty. I inquired with front runner who told me that until they get one in SA to tinker with, I’ll be waiting.

My reasons are that while I can fit the family of 4 and can make the gear fit the bed with the dogs, the “ideal” RTT for 4 humans would take up the entire roof rack space on my JKUR and would I believe exceed the space available on a bed rack for the JTR.

Why a tent for 4? Age, they are young and will remains so for at least most of a decade. Ideally they will graduate to either a ground tent or an annex off the main leaving Wife and I to enjoy a big bed so the dogs can sleep, just not on my head.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
As trick as the Leitner rack looks, to me I’m not all that happy with encroaching on the 48” envelope. I wouldn’t mind losing the wheel well depth but beyond that and you’re cutting into loading capacity.

The artec looks seriously trim but I’d want to see a taller option, breaking flush with the top would be all you’d really need for most things.

Has anyone seen any racking that runs from the windshield to the tailgate? What I’m hunting is basically a basic contractors ladder rack but tailored to safari rack duty. I inquired with front runner who told me that until they get one in SA to tinker with, I’ll be waiting.

My reasons are that while I can fit the family of 4 and can make the gear fit the bed with the dogs, the “ideal” RTT for 4 humans would take up the entire roof rack space on my JKUR and would I believe exceed the space available on a bed rack for the JTR.

Why a tent for 4? Age, they are young and will remains so for at least most of a decade. Ideally they will graduate to either a ground tent or an annex off the main leaving Wife and I to enjoy a big bed so the dogs can sleep, just not on my head.
Why not get two RTT’s and put one over the cab and one on a rack over the bed. There are a lot of these set ups in Africa and they work well.

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

How do you get your dogs in the rtt?

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So to address some of the points.

1. How do you get the dogs up? How do you get a Corgi to do anything? It'll be a lift and carry no matter what. Either that or they sleep in the cab.
2. Why not two? Economy of scale, 2 tents for two take up more space than 1 tent for four. It's not a lot of space but I've been monkeying around with load out plans for a while and its enough space. The growth plan is that the boys migrate to other quarters as they age out.

The thule rack looks nice but I'm looking for something along the lines of this
85110.1521046139.jpg

I want to be able put an RTT on one end, wet storage gear boxes in the middle and quick grab gear up front. This leaves the bed for a Decked system, the chuck wagon and the poochie palace (like the titty twister but with less vampires and more bull stick chewies).

In other times this same rack would serve as a utility rack for sheet goods, dimension stock, ladders etc.

Sadly SDI kinda gave me the brush but in that polite English way that say's they'd love to help me for an excessive amount of money provided I'd be willing to ship them a truck to pattern. FrontRunner said they would love to assist me, once they get a JT in SA to pattern, but do stay in touch.

Daniel-J

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Freelancer
My friend is going on a trip and he's got an idea with his pickup truck. I have suspicions that he's either very practical or completely out of his mind. He wants to cover the back of the pickup with a tight tent, remove the partition from the body and put one of these mattresses in there. According to his calculations, he can sleep in full height and warmth, anywhere.

Is he a genius or an idiot? Has anybody ever tried that?)

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
Anyone heading to the Overland Expo this weekend in Flagstaff Arizona?

I can't go (didn't even know about it until today!), but wish I could.

I'm especially curious in the Leitner Racks - they've got a Rubicon Gladiator all tricked out and I'd surely love to see some photos of it!

Anyone?
I’m actually leaving in about two weeks but plan on being around Yellowstone by the middle of May. Timing is just not good as I want to be done at Yellowstone before the summer rush!
Sponsored