HYDRO BLUE PEARL Gladiator JT Club

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
Nope....it will be totally worth it when I'm wheeling in my Hydro blue waving to the masses in their plain old colors.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
Just went and saw a Red Rubi today and fell in love. It's going to be hard to wait to order till October and possibly not have her till next year :-( Anyone else struggling with the wait?
Definitely excited! Definitely waiting for Hydro.

I test drove a Gladiator 2wks ago and wasn't so sure I could live with the longer wheel base. I test drove another one today, and was already able to make the adjustment to the longer wheelbase. I'm ready to buy! But, I'm committed to wait ... while at the dealership I saw a small Jeep suv in Hydro. Waiting a few months will be worth it to gain years with a vehicle with all of the functionality I want in the specific color I want.

That's my story. Good luck to you!

Gymguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hydro Blue Unlimited Rubicon
To all the hydro blue friends, are you going with black hardtop and black flares or color matched when the options are finally available? Right now my hydro JK has black and the contrast looks great, but on the renderings the color matched looks amazing too. Just curious what everyone is doing. Super tough decision!

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To all the hydro blue friends, are you going with black hardtop and black flares or color matched when the options are finally available? Right now my hydro JK has black and the contrast looks great, but on the renderings the color matched looks amazing too. Just curious what everyone is doing. Super tough decision!
I think the renderings look good with black flares & color matched top...at least with the colors I've seen. I'm getting a Sport S, so I won't have color matching options anyway. I'm getting the dual top. At least it'll have a similar look with both soft & black hard top.

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
Word has it that Hydro Blue is now open!

Circuitous

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Floater
On who's word? A dealer? Are they just wanting your money?

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
Indeed

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It would be AWESOME if ordering remains open (and they start production earlier than Aug 5)! Too much to hope for?

Circuitous

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Floater
Knew it was too good to be true. It was a glitch in the system. Still not able to order the Hydro Blue till Aug.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Knew it was too good to be true. It was a glitch in the system. Still not able to order the Hydro Blue till Aug.
Yeah, I just was told by Travis in NC that it was a glitch that has now been fixed. However, the production date is supposed to be Aug 5th. If that date sticks, ordering should open by late June.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question blue lovers. Is the J6 concept hydro blue?
No, but they are similar.

Hydro is a bit darker, and is a pearl coat (not metallic, but has similar characteristics). The 'pearl' makes it look different shades in different lighting and in different photos.
upload_2019-5-26_23-53-50.jpeg

The J6 blue ... "Mopar and the Jeep design staff in the FCA Product Design Office, reached back in time for the custom Metallic Brilliant Blue paint, a homage to the exterior look of the 1978 Jeep Honcho pickup." https://[Banned Site]/inside-design-2019-jeep-j6-concept/
I imagine this as more of a 'Honolulu blue' like the Detroit Lions jersey color.
1977-j10-jeep-levi-honcho-401-v8-truck-1.jpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3
No, but they are similar.

Hydro is a bit darker, and is a pearl coat (not metallic, but has similar characteristics). The 'pearl' makes it look different shades in different lighting and in different photos.
upload_2019-5-26_23-53-50.jpeg

The J6 blue ... "Mopar and the Jeep design staff in the FCA Product Design Office, reached back in time for the custom Metallic Brilliant Blue paint, a homage to the exterior look of the 1978 Jeep Honcho pickup." https://[Banned Site]/inside-design-2019-jeep-j6-concept/
I imagine this as more of a 'Honolulu blue' like the Detroit Lions jersey color.
1977-j10-jeep-levi-honcho-401-v8-truck-1.jpg
Cool. Thanks for the info/clarification. I drove a red Gladiator over the weekend and was impressed with how well put together it was. If I can get a deal, I might be joining the Hydro club in the future!