Sponsored

Gladiator Hardtop Hoist

DKW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Hello - I'm a new member but have been following since November.
I have been searching for and waiting for a hoist to become available for the Gladiator Hardtop. I got tired of waiting and repurposed my 4 point Harken hoist used or my 2012 Wrangler. It was quite simple actually..I thought I would share.
1. moved the front drop points to be in line with the front-center of the hardtop
2. moved the rear drop points to even with the rear of the hardtop
3. removed the rear latches that were provided and attached some multi-purpose garage hooks (4.5") that I found on Amazon.
4. Raised top
5. Checked for stability - top is fairly light but this works like a charm.

some pics attached

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1288.jpeg

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Sweet ride! And great ingenuity!

Reactions: DKW

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
37 x12.5 - only have a leveling kit until more lifts become available.
Leveling kit? Or budget boost (with spacers)?

OP
OP

DKW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
How's the ride with leveling kit? What kit did you use?
Rough Country 2.5”
It did not change the ride at all. I’m pleased with it. It allowed me to get the 37s on with no issue. Again, it’s just temporary. It will have to come off when I get a lift.

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Rough Country 2.5”
It did not change the ride at all. I’m pleased with it. It allowed me to get the 37s on with no issue. Again, it’s just temporary. It will have to come off when I get a lift.
Pardon my ignorance, when you say temp, is there any implication if one opt o use the leveling kit permanently? This will be my first jeep and truck. Still trying to learn....

OP
OP

DKW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Pardon my ignorance, when you say temp, is there any implication if one opt o use the leveling kit permanently? This will be my first jeep and truck. Still trying to learn....
No worries. I’m by no means an expert and will let the Jeep veterans chime in. But I have had my mind set on a 4” suspension lift. Just for extra height. The leveling kit is good to get some clearance for larger tires.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I have been searching for and waiting for a hoist to become available for the Gladiator Hardtop. I got tired of waiting and repurposed my 4 point Harken hoist used or my 2012 Wrangler. It was quite simple actually..I thought I would share.
1. moved the front drop points to be in line with the front-center of the hardtop
3. removed the rear latches that were provided and attached some multi-purpose garage hooks (4.5") that I found on Amazon.
4. Raised top
5. Checked for stability - top is fairly light but this works like a charm.

some pics attached

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

fullsizeoutput_1288.jpeg

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG
Yours looks like it got it's hair cut and is ready to zoom out of the garage, with or without you. Nice!

unstoppable.jpg

Sponsored

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, you're in my neck of the woods! Did you get your JT from McLarty Daniel Bentonville? That's where mine came from! Very envious of your black hard top!

OP
OP

DKW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Hey, you're in my neck of the woods! Did you get your JT from McLarty Daniel Bentonville? That's where mine came from! Very envious of your black hard top!
No. They wouldn’t offer the affiliate pricing so I found a dealer in STL that did.

If you’re in Bvlle I believe I’ve seen your rubi.

OP
OP

DKW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I was originally wanting the white top. However all the Overlands coming in only had the black. I'm happy to swap you :)

Bruski51

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon HR
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_1310.JPG
Great idea! I've repurposed my top lift with modifications from my 94 YJ to 98 TJ. Then it hung around, literally until it was reworked for my 16 JKU HR. (That top is heavy had to add an extra double pulley)
I've been trying to figure out how I was going to go under the edge of the JT top. Thanks for the idea now off to search Amazon.

20170610_234543.jpg

20170610_234519.jpg

OP
OP

DKW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Great idea! I've repurposed my top lift with modifications from my 94 YJ to 98 TJ. Then it hung around, literally until it was reworked for my 16 JKU HR. (That top is heavy had to add an extra double pulley)
I've been trying to figure out how I was going to go under the edge of the JT top. Thanks for the idea now off to search Amazon.

20170610_234543.jpg

20170610_234519.jpg
WINSOON Heavy Duty Double Utility Garage Hooks Wall Mount Hook Set Tool Tack Storage (2 x Medium U Shape, Black)
These are the hooks I used.
Sponsored