5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
hmmmmm, very interesting, thanks @Troybilt
Since the material is different the paInt can look different. The body paint, door paint, fender paint, and top paint are not the same look after a year in the sun. My take was not get a painted top because after a year in the sun the fade looks better on the black top than it does on a painted top. Now, a garaged & well cared for wrangler looks way different than one parked on the street too. Then I saw the painted top and fell in love with that look. Since I'm buying used, I'll take what I get, but for me it's all in the fade.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Since the material is different the paInt can look different. The body paint, door paint, fender paint, and top paint are not the same look after a year in the sun. My take was not get a painted top because after a year in the sun the fade looks better on the black top than it does on a painted top. Now, a garaged & well cared for wrangler looks way different than one parked on the street too. Then I saw the painted top and fell in love with that look. Since I'm buying used, I'll take what I get, but for me it's all in the fade.
Really? The painted tops fade differently than the body color? Guess when that happens I'll have to line-x the whole truck

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Really? The painted tops fade differently than the body color? Guess when that happens I'll have to line-x the whole truck
It was that day I sat in fifty of them. I checked the paint match and decided not to get painted top because it looked different New, same with fender match. Seeing that I checked a bunch on the street, parking lots. It diverges over time even worse. Down down here sun really fades things, example black fenders are almost chalk white. Yeah yeah you can treat etc but I won't. This is all 100% personal, some might say total opposite, I just know the paint on metal ages differently than paint on fiberglass.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
It was that day I sat in fifty of them. I checked the paint match and decided not to get painted top because it looked different New, same with fender match. Seeing that I checked a bunch on the street, parking lots. It diverges over time even worse. Down down here sun really fades things, example black fenders are almost chalk white. Yeah yeah you can treat etc but I won't. This is all 100% personal, some might say total opposite, I just know the paint on metal ages differently than paint on fiberglass.
Interesting.....
I was going to go black fenders, but couldn't decide on body color vs black for the top, guess I'll have to wait for a bunch of gators to start running around with different combinations, then decide.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Interesting.....
I was going to go black fenders, but couldn't decide on body color vs black for the top, guess I'll have to wait for a bunch of gators to start running around with different combinations, then decide.
I like the look of the white top with black fenders, but in all likelihood I'll run with a sun rider during the summer. I'd go topless, but then it'd get filled with pine cones, needles, and bird crap when it sits in the drive at night. I miss my garage at the old house...

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is almost what mine will look like! Different stinger bar and a winch but pretty close. Now to personalize it so it’s not just another JT!!
Big purple plywood pat sticker on the tailgate. Lol
Sponsored