Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I love the area!
Leaving in a couple of weeks in my truck camper to visit Mesa Verde again along with Durango, Silverton and Ouray.
I hope the snow has melted enough at the higher elevations to run the Alpine Loop but I’m not holding my breath.

Anyone with local knowledge want to point me to alternative simple routes that might be available I’d appreciate it.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I love the area!
Leaving in a couple of weeks in my truck camper to visit Mesa Verde again along with Durango, Silverton and Ouray.
I hope the snow has melted enough at the higher elevations to run the Alpine Loop but I’m not holding my breath.

Anyone with local knowledge want to point me to alternative simple routes that might be available I’d appreciate it.
Mud? We've had a weird spate of wetter & cooler. Could be about perfect by the time you roll through, like once in a lifetime pefect weather! More importantly, perhaps the govt is maybe correcting the weather to cool us down. 80 in the deserts this time of year is unheard of... Safe trip! (And yes, wink wink nudge nudge... Contrails baby!!!lol)

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
That I did not know this existed puts my entire life into question :facepalm:

Wow. I’m adding the four points monument to my list of places to see...

I must get my head out of the ground... yes...
Yea Ralph . . . but it's OK, cause your HERE and your at least asking Questions ! Granted they are NOT difficult questions, ones that a 4th grader could probably answer, but only cause they would be recently taught via geography/american history ! ? So don't feel bad just because you didn't think of Google Search or Wikipedia or your Atlas Gazetteer ! ?
My senile ways have some questioning my learning skills too - for instance not being able to download shit onto this website .
REX and others come to my rescue . . . as we will come to yours, stay calm and alert to "alerts" to your thread - help is on the way . . . :giggle: :headbang: :like: ;)

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I love the area!

Probably NOT . . . better option late June or July . . . at those elevations that stuff has a Die-Hard mentality ! Also, if on warmer days it starts to melt leaving the dirt trails very slick . . . those drop-offs are not to fooled with, so I hear, and see on various YouTube Videos - I stay away till Late Summer or Fall, personally speaking . Of course some trails are "easier" than others . . . going with a guided group would be safest way, but that takes early planning ! Have Fun, be safe .

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Probably NOT . . . better option late June or July . . . at those elevations that stuff has a Die-Hard mentality ! Also, if on warmer days it starts to melt leaving the dirt trails very slick . . . those drop-offs are not to fooled with, so I hear, and see on various YouTube Videos - I stay away till Late Summer or Fall, personally speaking . Of course some trails are "easier" than others . . . going with a guided group would be safest way, but that takes early planning ! Have Fun, be safe .
Going later would have been my preference too but my son will be coming off a deployment and has a short window before he has to go back so we’ll make the best of what we have..

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Going later would have been my preference too but my son will be coming off a deployment and has a short window before he has to go back so we’ll make the best of what we have..
Fathers and Sons bonding, that is good to hear . You say "Deployment" - that tells me, getting underway; i.e. Navy ?
I'm partial to the Navy-thing . Have a Grant & Safe Adventure .

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
I was just down in southern Utah and northern Arizona this weekend. There is still a lot of snow at the high elevations thanks to the recent storms and generally cooler weather. Some roads are still being used by snowmobilers and are closed to other vehicles. The north rim of the Grand Canyon was also covered in snow. Lots of animals about. Some trails were dry enough for some serious good times though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.