Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
No, just a temporary diversion from the plywood diversion ! ? :idea:
if we just had more Gator's running around i wouldn't get so bored. The white and firecracker threads get photos daily. UGH.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
if we just had more Gator's running around i wouldn't get so bored. The white and firecracker threads get photos daily. UGH.
Yea really . . . but unfortunately it will be awhile for the "gators" . . . and personally I think we are gonna Really be Surprised & Happy when we see are 1st "Gator" in the wild -- coming to a dealer near you . . . sorry can't seem to find any "trailers" (video shorts to entice) .

edit; as a side note to ALL -- lets have a Reflective & Thoughtful MEMORIAL DAY, I know I am . . . soon as I'm done here !

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
alright, how's this try?

new red jeep on 37s.png
@pau32 makes this look easy, took me like an hour while watching Barry to do that. If jeep just hurried up and made the damned thing, I wouldn't have to.

Sponsored

pau32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@pau32 makes this look easy, took me like an hour while watching Barry to do that. If jeep just hurried up and made the damned thing, I wouldn't have to.
Firecracker reflects light differently than Gators slightly more matte look so it looks a little odd along the with the color. The guy posted another pic with less reflections which I could use to get a closer.

FirecrackerGator.png

I think I'm starting to prefer Gator with a black top unlike the other Gladiator colors which look better color matched. Using Gobi as the base I was able to get closer to Gators actual look.

Clean Gator:

GobiGator1.jpg

Dirty Gator:

GobiGator2.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker captures more reflections than Gator so it looks a little odd and the color is a little off. The guy posted another pic with less reflections which I could use with the color matched closer.

FirecrackerGator.png

I think I prefer Gator with a black top unlike the other Gladiator colors which look better matched. Using Gobi as the base I was able to get much closer to Gators actual look.

Clean Gator:

GobiGator1.jpg

Dirty Gator:

GobiGator2.png
A modern day Magician. lol

I think you're onto somthing with the tops. I liked the colored top with black fender look with most colors, but with the two you posted above the one parked in front of the garage just doesn't seem to look as good as the one with black top......

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About as close as I could get it, should give you a rough idea.

GatorSportS3.jpg
can you make a version of this jeep with body colored top?

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Bobs85Reny , I think you've done a gator rendering or two. Any way you can re-post just the truck without racks, (bigger tires are fine) with black top, and then one with body colored top?

I'm trying to decide if when i get a Gator, i want black or body colored top.

If i decide on black top, then I can put a headliner on my leased vehicle and paint the inside of it. If i want body color, then i'll have to wait for my gator before I start modding the top.

Sponsored

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
@Bobs85Reny , I think you've done a gator rendering or two. Any way you can re-post just the truck without racks, (bigger tires are fine) with black top, and then one with body colored top?

I'm trying to decide if when i get a Gator, i want black or body colored top.

If i decide on black top, then I can put a headliner on my leased vehicle and paint the inside of it. If i want body color, then i'll have to wait for my gator before I start modding the top.
GladiatorRetroGator1.jpg
GladiatorRetroGator2.jpg

pau32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So

Sorry, I forgot to say black fenders on each. Lol
I'll buy you a :beer: sometime.
He based his rendering off a Sahara, so here's some with the higher black Rubicon flares.

GatorSoftTop.png

GatorBlackTop.png

GatorColorTop.png

Last edited:

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
I am just hoping the steel bumper and such will be available by the time we can order one, I'm starting to dig on the body color fenders, haven't seen one out in the wild with a soft top also.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am just hoping the steel bumper and such will be available by the time we can order one, I'm starting to dig on the body color fenders, haven't seen one out in the wild with a soft top also.
you can order that from mopar parts online I think, not sure if they're actually available yet, but they had pricing.
Sponsored