Sponsored

will it get the 3.0l diesel for export models

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
im kind of thinking that if this thing only gets the 2.2l diesel they are offering in the JL then i dont think its going to be worth buying
the 3.0l diesel is great & pushes the other jeeps its in along quite well but i currently own a colorado with the same 2.8l diesel as is offered in the current JK & to be honest its a bit lame so no i wont buy a 2.2l diesel
i hope your listening jeep
anybody else that doesnt live in the USA have an opinion on this
Sponsored

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
It's an interesting one....i agree the jeep 2.2 is rubbish and i "want" the 3.0....conversely the raptor 2.0 matched with the 10 speed it's getting good reviews, and is now a std ranger option. I'm just curious as to longevity.
But to win market jeep must bring the 3.0

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I would bet it would. Probably easier to deal with emissions in other countries than the US. EPA/CARB rules are pretty tough (and stupid).

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
the reviews I've watched on the 2.2 Multijet have all been very positive. In the JLU, 0-100 acceleration is right around 10s, so its another second slower than the 2L eTorque (which is itself a second slower than the Pentastar. The appealing part would be cost and efficiency- fuel economy ratings are very good, and at least in Germany, its priced the same as the eTorque. pentastar isn't available. For my use, I think it would work fine. Would need to look how many Ducatos and Dailys are running around with over 300k km.
Sponsored