Sponsored

Rear under seat storage box

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm not sure I understand the how they arrived at a $895 package price for a plastic box, 2 aluminum tracks, and a power plug...

I'm also counting on the aftermarket to come to the rescue with a better quality and priced option.
Sponsored

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
I too passed on that option and I will buy durable lock box as soon as one is available.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Solved. Find matching dimension box, bolt the biggest one to the floor, smaller insert can be removed for portage or camping. Genius. Plywood. Etc. :turkey:

box-nesting-supply-boxes-1_600x600.jpg

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
$895 is a lot to pay if all you want is a lockable box.

Sponsored

Vismich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have the bed rails, and I think they are well worth it. I almost didn’t get them too, but so glad I did

DadBod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Sportrac
I have the bed rails, and I think they are well worth it. I almost didn’t get them too, but so glad I did
I really want the box but didn't want the bed rails. What do you like about the bed rails? If you can change my mind, then I'll get my storage box...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I really want the box but didn't want the bed rails. What do you like about the bed rails? If you can change my mind, then I'll get my storage box...
if you're a sport S+ owner, and you want this box, might as while get the trail rail system for less money that includes box.

While the mopar tonneau cover may be nice to have "Factory", this box looks no more than a molded plastic bin to me, no idea how it could cost $1200.

Definitely waiting for aftermarket on this part of my rig.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Let me be the first in line to purchase one of these boxes from anyone that decides to go aftermarket. I didn't realize it was part of the Cargo Management package when I placed my order and since I didn't want the rails, I skipped it. Didn't realize at the time that it includes the bed outlet and the box. It's too late to change my order now, but I would really like the underseat storage box, so if anyone decides to sell theirs, please let me know.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
This is the challenge of buying the first model year. It takes a while for the aftermarket to catch up. They need Gladiators in hand to use to develop their products and enough of a market to be worth selling to.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
As with every other Jeep wrangler-ish product, the aftermarket is always quick to come up with upgraded choices. I will be waiting for something that stores the fruits of my second amendment rights!
This!

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Ummm...for less than $100 you can buy this stuff online:

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/shop...irline-Straps-Hardware/L-Track-Tie-Down-Rails
1395-48-aluminum-airline-track-core-track-system.01.jpg

4864-anchor-point-tie-down-kit-8pc-w-2-track.01.jpg

With more research you could probably find it cheaper. Just drill the aluminum rail to match the tapped holes in the gladiator bedsides.

And since I have a couple of smaller Pelican Cases (can find used for cheap...and they really seal tight...and are lockable), I think just drilling holes to match the tapped holes in the floor will work just fine too.

I'd rather keep the other $795 in my pocket. Already getting charged out the wazoo for the Gladiator...can't shell out for some of these crazy priced (aka = high margin) FCA options.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Ummm...for less than $100 you can buy this stuff online:

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/shop...irline-Straps-Hardware/L-Track-Tie-Down-Rails
1395-48-aluminum-airline-track-core-track-system.01.jpg

4864-anchor-point-tie-down-kit-8pc-w-2-track.01.jpg

With more research you could probably find it cheaper. Just drill the aluminum rail to match the tapped holes in the gladiator bedsides.

And since I have a couple of smaller Pelican Cases (can find used for cheap...and they really seal tight...and are lockable), I think just drilling holes to match the tapped holes in the floor will work just fine too.

I'd rather keep the other $795 in my pocket. Already getting charged out the wazoo for the Gladiator...can't shell out for some of these crazy priced (aka = high margin) FCA options.
https://www.uscargocontrol.com/48-Airline-Track-Style-L-track-Black

I'm going with those, cut to length, BLACK. Thanks for the site post.