BosRacing JT PreRunner

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2018 MegaCab, 2020 Gladiator
Some of you may have seen my JL build (in our sister forum) where I took a new JL and built an Ultra4 4600 class race car to compete in the Ultra4 Racing Series. If not, here it is at the 2019 King of the Hammers back in February.
52859357_2061841353932443_4606048667692957696_n.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great news. My LE is sitting in the rail yard in Portland Oregon waiting to be loaded on the truck for it's final leg of the journey to my dealership. I am hoping I will have it this week unless it sits in the rail yard longer than I hope (it's only 3 hours away). Once it gets here, the build begins. First stage is to get it ready for SEMA 2019, and then the final stage as shown in the rendering.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE is off the rail and loaded onto a truck for transport to the dealership. I should have it this week. Then its a quick lift install, wheels and tires then back to the dealership for an event.

Bruhast

First Name
Nathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lexus IS350, 2017 Land Rover Discovery HSE
LE is off the rail and loaded onto a truck for transport to the dealership. I should have it this week. Then its a quick lift install, wheels and tires then back to the dealership for an event.
Looks amazing! How did you find out when it made it to the rail yard and then further on to a truck? Mine was scheduled to be at a rail yard about an hour from my dealer yesterday, but he said it sometimes takes 2-3 weeks to get on a truck and sent to the dealer.

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks amazing! How did you find out when it made it to the rail yard and then further on to a truck? Mine was scheduled to be at a rail yard about an hour from my dealer yesterday, but he said it sometimes takes 2-3 weeks to get on a truck and sent to the dealer.
My dealer has been giving me daily updates. Arrived at the local rail yard on Monday, unloaded on Friday and loaded on a truck today. He said normally it takes 1-2 weeks from rail yard to dealership but usually a day or 2 once its loaded on a truck. The rail yard is literally 20 minutes away from the dealership.

aston44me

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jEEP GLADIATOR LAUNCH EDITION
Vehicle Showcase
I am interested in what it will take to build a ultra 4 4600 class JT? I looked at the rules and it’s not really a stock class.
I wish there was a real stock class. Maybe just tires or shock upgrades.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Nice build!
Please post details on how you’re planning on trimming the rear bed.

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice build!
Please post details on how you’re planning on trimming the rear bed.
Depends on how everything else fits/works. I prefer to keep the bed and just modify it but might end up with running bedsides. As for how we will trim it, combination of sawzall, cutoff wheel and maybe a plasma cutter.

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am interested in what it will take to build a ultra 4 4600 class JT? I looked at the rules and it’s not really a stock class.
I wish there was a real stock class. Maybe just tires or shock upgrades.
There are other racing organizations that do have real "stock" classes. Ultra4 is different in that a true "stock" vehicle would not survive a race much less a whole season....lol

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
looking forward to watching this build. I'm looking to build mine a little more towards pre-runner then rock crawler. Also... if you guys arnt keeping that tonneau cover, I'd be willing to support the race budget! lol :beer:
Sponsored