May Sales

2021Buyer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon; 2015 Ram Laramie
Jeep sold 2,584 Gladiator trucks in May during the first full month of recorded sales while Ford sold 7,748 Rangers - what do you think is the reason for the discrepancy?
Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Those are delivered units.
June will be much higher.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Jeep sold 2,584 Gladiator trucks in May during the first full month of recorded sales while Ford sold 7,748 Rangers - what do you think is the reason for the discrepancy?
There is NO discrepancy you are making the assumption Glady and Ranger are same-same...they are not!

There are MORE people driving Ford Rangers than people driving Jeeps. Ford Ranger has been around more years than Jeep has been months.

About the ONLY vehicle you can roughly compare a Jeep Wrangler to is a Toyota F 40 and that is because we gave the Japs the rights to manufacture the very first Toys were built on Jeep frames and drivelines.

Sure you can compare Jeep beds to other truck beds and there Jeep takes a beating, it can't carry a sheet of plywood and we know what that means here...

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I've seen a few Rangers stickering for $35k. These looked to be fairly nicely equipped and 4x4. Not my taste but the price point for the average Joe looking for a mid sized truck is rather appealing.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I posted this on another thread also. Just looking for a good feud. I say 70,000 ordered and delivered by Aug 31st. And that's below target. Tell me all the ways I'm an idiot. We have numbers to crunch people!

OP
OP

2021Buyer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon; 2015 Ram Laramie
There is NO discrepancy you are making the assumption Glady and Ranger are same-same...they are not!

There are MORE people driving Ford Rangers than people driving Jeeps. Ford Ranger has been around more years than Jeep has been months.

About the ONLY vehicle you can roughly compare a Jeep Wrangler to is a Toyota F 40 and that is because we gave the Japs the rights to manufacture the very first Toys were built on Jeep frames and drivelines.

Sure you can compare Jeep beds to other truck beds and there Jeep takes a beating, it can't carry a sheet of plywood and we know what that means here...
I am making no assumptions - I am just posing a question. That said, I do have a concern over the pricing for the Gladiator as it appears to climb quickly once options are selected. I do think the forthcoming availability of the Sport and Sport S models will help.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
I am making no assumptions - I am just posing a question. That said, I do have a concern over the pricing for the Gladiator as it appears to climb quickly once options are selected. I do think the forthcoming availability of the Sport and Sport S models will help.
You could not be any more right about that!

What is happening here is America has FINALLY figured out what WE KNOW down here in Texas, where trucks outsell cars. Ford, GM and Chrysler are all thinning the car herd...it's about time! I never owned a sedan in my life. But I grew up riding in them, but we always had a truck. The sedans of yesterday were far different than today...think BIG. They were huge, 3 sat in the front and 3 in the back in comfort. The trunk, bigger than a JT's bed on some of them.

What happened: Bucket seats and the gas crises of '73 and the big sedans started to disappear. Sedans got smaller and smaller, Industry countered with Vans and SUV's. Parallel to that my generation was buying and moving up in the housing market and Home Depot, Lowe's, Builders Square etc began popping up to feed us that did things like build barns and add on rooms and bathrooms and for many they discovered they needed to buy a 4x8 sheet of PLYWOOD and the rest is history...

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
You could not be any more right about that!

What is happening here is America has FINALLY figured out what WE KNOW down here in Texas, where trucks outsell cars. Ford, GM and Chrysler are all thinning the car herd...it's about time! I never owned a sedan in my life. But I grew up riding in them, but we always had a truck. The sedans of yesterday were far different than today...think BIG. They were huge, 3 sat in the front and 3 in the back in comfort. The trunk, bigger than a JT's bed on some of them.

What happened: Bucket seats and the gas crises of '73 and the big sedans started to disappear. Sedans got smaller and smaller, Industry countered with Vans and SUV's. Parallel to that my generation was buying and moving up in the housing market and Home Depot, Lowe's, Builders Square etc began popping up to feed us that did things like build barns and add on rooms and bathrooms and for many they discovered they needed to buy a 4x8 sheet of PLYWOOD and the rest is history...
And when you did ride in the truck, it was in the bed and NO ONE CARED! :rock:

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
And when you did ride in the truck, it was in the bed and NO ONE CARED! :rock:
I grew up sitting on the bed rail of a '54 Chevy truck (bed rail was flat) and the spare tire was bolted to the bed next to the cab. Loved it! Today my parents would be in jail...

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I posted this on another thread also. Just looking for a good feud. I say 70,000 ordered and delivered by Aug 31st. And that's below target. Tell me all the ways I'm an idiot. We have numbers to crunch people!
That like 20K a month, I don't see it yet. June sales will be a good data point

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
That like 20K a month, I don't see it yet. June sales will be a good data point
They can’t even manage to produce 4190 LE’s in the first 60 days, how the hell do they expect to produce 70,000 in the next 80 days??...