First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Radio
New 2020 Overland owner here and the first two days I owned my Gladiator it rained. A lot.

Every time I opened the door, the rain water would pour into the cab, on the seats and floor. I traded in a 2008 4dr Unlimited so I didn't care much about water but my new Jeep has leather and I guess I'm being more cautious. Anyone notice this issue?

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 3.34.47 PM.jpg
Sponsored

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
Yes, But mine leaked right in the center of the body colored hard top and right onto my display screen. It was a very hard rain that lasted several hours while driving on the freeway. I had about 7-8 drops penetrate total.

Brandon W. Snyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be: Gladiator Launch Edition, Rubicon Recon, 02 Wrangler
Occupation
Law Enforcement (Deputy) Veteran
That is entirely normal and not something you should waist time fixing. Every Jeep will do this with a hard or soft top when you open the door. As long as it’s not leaking in while the vehicle is parked, doors shut....I also wouldn’t worry.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
New 2020 Overland owner here and the first two days I owned my Gladiator it rained. A lot.

Every time I opened the door, the rain water would pour into the cab, on the seats and floor. I traded in a 2008 4dr Unlimited so I didn't care much about water but my new Jeep has leather and I guess I'm being more cautious. Anyone notice this issue?

Very common concern on the JL side.

Sorry about your Bruins.

Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Thanks all for your thoughts...as for the Bruins, Boston will survive this five month drought since a title. ;)

Unknown.jpeg
Shades of a grinning Patrick Roy telling the heckling (and Cup-less) Jeremy Roenick that he couldn't hear him because he had his 2 Stanley Cup rings plugging his ears!

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
That is entirely normal and not something you should waist time fixing. Every Jeep will do this with a hard or soft top when you open the door. As long as it’s not leaking in while the vehicle is parked, doors shut....I also wouldn’t worry.
Yup. As a first time "Jeep" (Wrangler/Gladiator) owner I've read the stories and was fully prepared for the annoyance. It happens. Clothes dry.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I learned to just park the Jeep with the nose facing a little bit uphill and that way the water won't run into the floorboard when i open the door.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I learned to just park the Jeep with the nose facing a little bit uphill and that way the water won't run into the floorboard when i open the door.
Do keep a poser stand in the bed?

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Love the calmness, the matter of factness of your reply . . . timeless ! Now who will devise a clever "fix" ? I've made a suggestion or 2 based on my RVing over the years (2004 > 2008) with TT $ 5th wheels .

no, I won't repeat myself . . . :swear: . . . :computerrage:

Brandon W. Snyder

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be: Gladiator Launch Edition, Rubicon Recon, 02 Wrangler
Occupation
Law Enforcement (Deputy) Veteran
Love the calmness, the matter of factness of your reply . . . timeless ! Now who will devise a clever "fix" ? I've made a suggestion or 2 based on my RVing over the years (2004 > 2008) with TT $ 5th wheels .

no, I won't repeat myself . . . :swear: . . . :computerrage:
I appreciate your appreciation...with that said. This past fall I hit a turkey with my 2018 JK. Turkey dam near came through the window and bent the window frame. Luckily owning a Jeep makes this repair easy. Short version, bolt new window in place of damaged. However, after getting a leak the first night, I went back. Body shop scratched head said wasn’t much they could do as window was installed proper. I knew it wasn’t...Short version, after going back and forth with them several times I was able to obtain a service instruction manual from Jeep, the kind they use to diagnose and fix leaking hard tops and doors. On the first page, I highlighted point (why I’m confident)
95DF7F39-C060-4011-977C-6AABA586A48A.jpeg

Another point to bring up for awareness. After all was said and done it took 3 full months to fix the leak. Multiple rubber gaskets, molding pieces, freedom panel securing clamps, tons of butyl and head scratching etc. I ended up helping the shop one day with the owner himself. Imagine the cab of the Jeep being a square. Add a good amount of force to one side of that square = a diamond shape. Now the roll bar and window frame were the actual cause because nothing was aligned proper. Took cage apart, measured, put back together and repeated until entire window frame and cage were square. Took an entire day of labor. This also meant freedom panels fit perfect. No leak since. Leaky rubber seals on hard top, soft top and doors...multiple reasons how this occurs. Diagnosis can go multiple directions. 1.) I condition all the rubber portions of the top and doors regularly to help aid in the suppleness of the rubber to prevent leaks. 2.) Water leaking into the cab while door is open, I suggest getting a different vehicle. 3.) Maybe building the freedom panel front channel up where in ends in the door with butyl or some kind of workable rubber. Kinda like a gutter on a house. Then you’ll have nice little wings that whistle while you’re driving down the road. Lol I tried. Here is a link to the same manual, I’m sure one exists for the JL and soon the JT.

https://www.meyerdistributing.com/m...eep_Diagnosis_and_Repair_Manual_for_Leaks.pdf

Last edited:

MPFit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
Wow saving that link thanks very much

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired

Here is an old trick, prob still used today in the world of Used cars. Soak the seats in water to remove the wrinkles. Some will mix a bit of Lanolin or other oil in. It works!
Sponsored