Pulling boat

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Pulled my boat with the Gladiator and did okay. Mostly flat roads and could tell the boat was there. Might try manual mode next time to adjust the gear as seemed to run around 3500 - 4000 rpms on small hills. Stayed around 65 and 2500 rpms on flat ground. Boat and trailer are around 5700lbs. (pic is for reference as boat is not connected)

IMG_1913_zpsislnggq4.jpg
Sponsored

Cbriggs9742

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2020 JT
Do you have the mopar lift? I live in Texas also, and my boat is around the same weight as yours. My drive to the lake is about an hour and mostly flat roads. Do you think it is fine towing that distance? I hear a lot of people saying to stay under 5k lbs despite the 7k rating.

Thanks,
Chris

OP
OP
wyldefreebyrd

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Update. Towed the boat back to storage and ran it manually. If left alone wants to jump between 4th and 5th. Bumping up to 6th and even 7th on the flatter areas helped tremendously and ended up driving most of the way in 6th. For me 6th gear seemed to do the best, able to handle the small hills and keep up speed while doing so. Kept it around 65-70 the entire way. Will use the Gladiator to tow again without hesitation.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Pulled my boat with the Gladiator and did okay. Mostly flat roads and could tell the boat was there. Might try manual mode next time to adjust the gear as seemed to run around 3500 - 4000 rpms on small hills. Stayed around 65 and 2500 rpms on flat ground. Boat and trailer are around 5700lbs. (pic is for reference as boat is not connected)
did you use the 4 flat for the trailer wiring?
My wires seem to get compressed by the cover closing against the wires and I'm looking for ways to avoid the pinching.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Towed my 22 ft Center Console Bay boat several times, only 5 miles to ramp 4500 pound boat Sport SW without max tow, no problem only complaint is mirrors. Tomorrow I will use my old F 250 don't want to hit a crowded ramp with those mirrors.
Sponsored