• Total voters

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Avenger, Used to own 2006 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
First mod. Antenna removal, silicone key fob case, trailer hitch cover.

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG
Can you share the link for the antenna? How bad does it effect the signal if at all?

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Can you share the link for the antenna? How bad does it effect the signal if at all?
The stubby antennas definitely impact AM/FM reception. Size does matter, no matter what she tells you to your face.
I like my local radio and don’t mind the long antenna even though the shorter ones can look cool. You won’t miss it if you use sat radio or stream from you phone. You can usually get by with the stubbies while in town near the transmitters. My brother bought a stubby for the looks then had to switch back due to his routine not-so-close-to-town travels.

Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Thanks. Definitely excited! Looking back now the wait didn't seem too long. This will be my first Jeep so I hope I like it!! Lol.
It's an adjustment. I had two Wranglers back in the mid-90s. I enjoyed them, for sure, but hadn't driven a lot of different vehicles. The Gladiator is my return to a Jeep and the driving dynamic is very different from what I've grown used to. Not bad, just different.

Definitely confirm tire pressure and air down. Expect some different in handling/steering. And remember why you ordered it and no doubt you will love it.

Rover_boy

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
The stubby antennas definitely impact AM/FM reception. Size does matter, no matter what she tells you to your face.
I like my local radio and don’t mind the long antenna even though the shorter ones can look cool. You won’t miss it if you use sat radio or stream from you phone. You can usually get by with the stubbies while in town near the transmitters. My brother bought a stubby for the looks then had to switch back due to his routine not-so-close-to-town travels.
The shorter antenna did make a big impact on my AM/FM reception. But like AggieJeep mentioned, I am using my Iheartradio app and XMradio to listen. I don't like that long antenna. I think it ruins the look.
In case you still wants it, below is the link to the antenna.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O870S30/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The shorter antenna did make a big impact on my AM/FM reception. But like AggieJeep mentioned, I am using my Iheartradio app and XMradio to listen. I don't like that long antenna. I think it ruins the look.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O870S30/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks guys! I will definitely be getting the stubby antenna - looks real sharp, and I pretty much only stream from spotify on my phone nowadays anyway.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant

Sometimes I wonder how people have enough sense to get into and out of the bathroom safely. I read the reviews on the stubby antenna and every single one of the 1 start reviews complained about AM/FM reception. What in God's name do they thing removing a big ole long whip antenna and installing a 1.5 inch antenna is going to do to their reception? It takes all kinds to make a society work but sometimes I wonder what we could have down here if all the stupid people didn't exist.

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes I wonder how people have enough sense to get into and out of the bathroom safely. I read the reviews on the stubby antenna and every single one of the 1 start reviews complained about AM/FM reception. What in God's name do they thing removing a big ole long whip antenna and installing a 1.5 inch antenna is going to do to their reception? It takes all kinds to make a society work but sometimes I wonder what we could have down here if all the stupid people didn't exist.
eat a snickers! You aren't yourself when you're hangry.

No such thing as a stupid question.

tanman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn! I made this post last night, and just got an email in my spam filter about stubby antennas for jeeps from amazon.

They're listening! shit. I mean... no they're not...
Sponsored