Sponsored

LineX Durability.

Vismich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi Everyone,

I hand LineX sprayed in a few weeks ago, and have been happy with it until today. I put a dresser in the bed that I was taking to a dump, and apparently there was a few sharp staple hanging out.

As I push the dresser in the staples left scratches... not deep, but still noticeably took the finish off.

Is LineX supposed to be resistant to scratches? Should I take it back, or is scratching expected if you have a staple or nail sliding under pressure?
Sponsored

MPFit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
I’d say realistically metal scraping will remove any coatings just like scratching your paint. I’d suggest a bed mat; I love em

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Did you add the bed liner out of a can or was professionally installed by a Line X installer? I can tell you that if you added it yourself out of a can and did not rough up the paint it will not look great very long. If it was installed professionally it is warrantied.

OP
OP

Vismich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Did you add the bed liner out of a can or was professionally installed by a Line X installer? I can tell you that if you added it yourself out of a can and did not rough up the paint it will not look great very long. If it was installed professionally it is warrantied.
Professionally done at a LineX Store

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Cracks, bubbles and flaking was the standard line-X warranty unless the local franchise installer offered something in addition to that.

You get a sharp enough edge and weight to something like those staples, it is going to cut into any liner product. In my opinion, you induced cosmetic damage and not fault of the product itself.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Cracks, bubbles and flaking was the standard line-X warranty unless the local franchise installer offered something in addition to that.

You get a sharp enough edge and weight to something like those staples, it is going to cut into any liner product. In my opinion, you induced cosmetic damage and not fault of the product itself.
hopefully they can just spray an extra bit over the scratches?

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
@Vismich Did the staple scrap down to bare metal? If not, the LineX did it's job.

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Hi Everyone,

I hand LineX sprayed in a few weeks ago, and have been happy with it until today. I put a dresser in the bed that I was taking to a dump, and apparently there was a few sharp staple hanging out.

As I push the dresser in the staples left scratches... not deep, but still noticeably took the finish off.

Is LineX supposed to be resistant to scratches? Should I take it back, or is scratching expected if you have a staple or nail sliding under pressure?

Yes. You damaged the product. It did not fail. It will not look like.new forever if.you use your bed for any kind of hauling like that.